RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Night Realm. <<IC>>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18948

Night Realm. <<IC>> Empty
PostSubject: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Night realm.
Where light is on the verge of extinction.

In a place where only dragons roam. Where the land is corrupt. Corrupted by the being who once claimed to own the very realm. Such deceit, betrayal, trickery. In a place where nightmares come to life, animated by darkness and magic. You can't survive here, no one can. You will join the darkness, one way or the other, it will take grasp of your soul.

A place where the light has fallen and the darkness has risen.

---

The Light Realm was possessed by a great ruler -- Astorot. A ruler which had claimed to be "the Realm's savior,' whom would "bring eternal piece to the land." A promise which was forged in front of the whole (most) dragon colony. A promise which would soon be broken.

Several days after Astorot's promise, darkness began to sweep through the land. Like a plague, killing off anything that stood in the way. Astorot's 'minions' raided the realm, destroying everything in their path, keeping some survivors to be used as slaves. Slaves which would erect a new kingdom, a new realm -- The Night Realm.

Only a small band of dragons remain, survivors to the plague. Yet they have been corrupted by a different plague -- distress, anxiety, depression, fear. They have watched their parents been shredded to bits by the talons of jet black dragons and their siblings taken away in shackles only to be given physical torture. You'd end up dying one way or the other. However, it's those memories which keep you strong, the memories which fuel that hatred.

---

We start off in the wastelands, rummaging for supplies. Most of us are already together, you can be somewhere else in the RP if you want.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Samael Ryuu landed on the ground with a soft thud, his wings slowly curling by his sides. The dragon raised his head to the darkened sky, the only source of illumination were bolts of lightning which struck occasionally and the moon which was disguised by thick clouds.

His crimson body moved elegantly as he began to walk through the wastelands, eyes darting across the sky warily. In times like these, no one could be trusted. The main reason the lack of trust was forced upon the few remaining survivors was because of the promise Astarot had broken. Thunder shattered through the silence, lightning following the abrupt sound. He shivered, approaching a run-down shack. This was the one.

Samael extended his wings, flapping them momentarily before folding them along the sides of his body. This was the place was where the darkness all began, where he witnessed the evil sprout. He remembered the day as clear as the daylight which had once existed. The memory which would haunt him all his life.

A soft wind blew over the desolate lands, placing a chill upon Samael's body. He had arrived at the structure. The dragon rested a paw on the building, tendrils of smoke spirally from his nose. 'Mum... Dad...' He said through gritted teeth, closing his eyes briefly. I have to move on and accept what has happened, they may have been cruel, but I loved them. That's what Grandad would say... He understood me. His memories fell back to before the darkness, where he was comforted by his Grandad's paw, resting on his shoulder.

'There's something inside of you -- something special.' The elderly dragon muttered, his redish-brown scales glittering in the sunlight. Samael's eyes sparkled at what he had been told, such treatment came as a treasure for him. His parents treated him like dirt and they had never tried to understand him. 'I just know it.' His voice was hoarse and came out as a soft whisper. 'I have to leave.. But I will see you... I promise. I will see you again.' The elder smiled, moving his hand from Samael's shoulder before extending his wings and flying into the dying horizon.

Since that day, he hadn't seen Nadhug (Nadhug is Samael's Grandad). Samael sighed, looking back at the other dragons, the other survivors which he had found, 'This is the house. My house.' He smiled grimly, before looking away.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8497

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Eona looked around the forest, searching, always alert. Now that the world seemed to be crumbling she has to be more alert than ever. Her mind stretched out as far as it could and looked at the minds of those around her. The survivor's minds have grown familiar to her in the past few months.
Her powers were given to her by her mother. Anytime a spirit dragon gives birth, the child is born without powers and will remain without them until the mother gives them to her child. Eona remembers the day her mother entrusted her with the millennia old gift. The powers filled her mind with the knowledge from those who had them before her. She was only a few years old but with the powers she grew wise with generations of knowledge. On that day, Eona watched her mother die not from the darkness but from passing on the gift. It makes her sad to remember but knows that was what needed to be done. Her mother's light was withering and it was time for a new spirit dragon.
Though these powers are great, they are limited. When Eona first received them she did not know how to use them. Over time she unlocked the secretes to her gift. But today, her powers are greater than before due to use. She has been pushing herself to the brink for months and in a way it has paid off. Eona's powers have reached new limits; she can now spread her mind further and use them longer.
Though the power of the spirit dragon is strong, she can feel something within herself crumbling. Eona has touched the minds of the ones lost to the darkness and every time their minds touch she could feel part of her soul turn from the light. Her spirit is great but she does not know how long her soul can hold up against the darkness.
Eona felt nothing around that was out to hurt them, but she did notice Samael's sadness. She knew the significance of this place to him and the feelings that it brought. She eased the trouble in his mind but not enough that he would forget it. It is good to feel something but not to forget why you even felt that way.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf323
Lonewolf323

RPG Tokens : 3898

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 am

Moving amongst the others A short distance away. Glancing at Samuel before looking away. Moving some of the old wooden planks across the ground with his claws watching the edges that touched smolder and burn. Talon liked Samuel ever since he was the one that found him all alone just rummaging through debris looking for something eatable. Talon was a teen back then. Not to far older ether.  

Moments passed before boredom pushed him to move sensing Eona gently touch his mind slightly shying away from it Walls long ago erected blocking some parts of his mind from anyone looking. Talon moved towards a pile of debris before looking around it. Not finding anything of much use. What are we to do now? He thought to himself glancing around at the others. The spikes along his tail dragging the ground causing quick sparks that remained alive a few seconds longer than normally should. He didn't tell them about the fire ability for he had no real skill in using it. It just happened instinctively.
Back to top Go down
Shibe
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Shibe

RPG Tokens : 4693

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:21 am

It was a great day-- the sky was filled with black tufts, with the occasional spark of white lightning.
She loved it.
She was a pink comet, streaking through the black sky, weaving between the flashes of energy, and through the dark puffs of clouds. The ground below was a mass of corpses, just like how she always remembered them.
But there was something that she hasn't seen before; among the ruins, there was a structure which failed to yield. She descended to take a closer look.
It seemed to be a cabin of some sort, already suffering some sort of damage. Curious, she heads inside.
Back to top Go down
Tasogare
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Tasogare

RPG Tokens : 4796

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 am

D.S woke inside her underwater cave, her wings extending and a small roar escaping her mouth. She decided to spend the day on the surface; to her land-dweller dragons were more exciting anyways. D.S put her wings as close to her body as possible, and dived into a hole that goes from the cave, to the ocean. She swam to the farthest shore. Sure, she wanted to spend time on the land, but the water was her home. When she went to the shore she stared back to her cave, later just walking around upon the shore.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 4023
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 am

Just landed next to Samuel and folded her feathered wings.
"sup?" she asked her usual happy self. she could see he was sad about something and hoped her happiness would spread.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:40 am

Amajil Raptus landed softly behind Sameul. "Hey" he said, his eyes scanning the ground. "Found anything?" he asked him, scraping at the ground with his long dark talons. All he had found is scraps of metal and pieces of shattered wood. He had however kept them.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:22 am

Samael heard the soft thumps of his fellow comrades as they touched the ground. "All I find is horrible memories." He muttered, turning his head to the left slightly. He sighed, turning his attention back to the destroyed structure.

Things hadn't been easy for Samael and the others, there was the occasional attack which they received from Astorot's men (savage, jet black dragons) and the lack of food which they needed. However, the group seemed to survive, they had done so for the past couple of months.

"Help me find a way in here." He finally said, scraping his claws against a piece of wood which lay on the ground. "Only I go in." Samael added hastily.
Back to top Go down
Shibe
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Shibe

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:30 am

She looked around the cabin; it seemed like a family used to live here... Ah well, it was still a nice shelter, and it would be a shame if it was left unused...

Tired from her journey, she looked for something that she could as a bed, but alas, the only bed that she could find was inhabited by insects. She managed to find a rug, and just slept on it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Amajil raised an eyebrow, but began to claw the wood, and then swiped at it, and watched it shatter. "Go in" he said. "But if you see anyhing or find anything, make sure to tell us" Amajil said.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Eona sent her mind into the building to see what was going on inside of it. She was not exactly sure what she found in there but it made her want to fallow Samuel in. She wanted to resist and tried to, but the mind of what ever was in there bothered her. She could not stand back while Samuel possibly got himself killed. Eona knew better, but she fallowed him. She has always kept secrets and what happens in this mysterious building will have to be another one. Eona would not be able to live with herself if anyone got hurt and she could have stopped it.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf323
Lonewolf323

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:45 am

Talon sat watching them. Glancing from Eona's direction to Samuels his orange eyes sharply turning red. As he turned and walked through the debris. Thinking quietly to himself as he pushed some of the old doors down from there shattered remains glancing into the mass debris of fallen buildings. He kept doing so when a distant roar of a dragon off in the distance came to his senses. Causing Talon to glance up rapidly. Without realising his vision changed. Not seeing normally like one would see the shapes of buildings or debris an their colors his eye sight shifted to see aura's that described shapes and emotions. Sight that turns sometimes sharper than the others. Before he realised he saw four large black dragons flying high within the ash clouds supplied by burning forests an venting nearby volcanoes. Seeing them should be impossible let alone hearing them like he was up there flying with them. Glancing at them from where he stood he could tell they were searching for something. Something spooked them to make a mad search in there direction.  

Talon turned sharply sparks erupting from his claws as he rushed back to the others. Not realising his rush was exciting his blood Causing waves of heat to pour from his scales igniting flashes of violet flame as it touched the air. "Guys! More of those black dragons are heading ths way.. We need to hurry up here before they find us.." He said with an exhale of flame as he shook himself.  Glancing back towards the clouds seeing nothing but blackness in there auras.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:46 am

Samael slowly entered the large structure, broken glass crunching beneath his paws. He had grown to hate this place as a kid due to the way he was treated here. The horrible memories he received. The neglect he was given. Nadhug was the only one that treated Samael decently, he understood him, he cared for him. The wind howled eerily as he entered a large room. The dining room. Tables were upturned and blackened by ash. Floorboards had been shredded to pieces, part of the roof had caved in and the walls were smothered with blood.

The dragon shivered as his eyes darted across the room. No food. This place must've been raided previously or the food was destroyed. Outside, he head Talon yelling something.

"Guys! More of those black dragons are headed this way!"

That was all Samael had to hear. If the black dragons found them, they would be dead meat. Just a little longer... Samael needed to find food. He wouldn't be too long.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:06 am

Eona could feel the commotion outside. She tried to keep her mind to herself. It she touched the black dragon's minds then she would be useless for hours.
She could feel Samuel struggling. He was looking in the kitchen for food, but people have already raided this place. There would only be food in places raiders wouldn't look if there was food left.
The dark minds were getting closer. They were almost upon us.
Eona came out of hiding to say, "Samuel, you'll have to look where other's wouldn't." She hoped that he knew this place well enough to know where to look.
Her mind searched the house again, looking for the mind that made her come in here. It was still here, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf323
Lonewolf323

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:40 am

Talon glanced back to the sky before glancing back at the house. Samuel asked to no one else go in but him but still.. Having to wait frustrated him slightly hearing Eona's words as he glanced inside sticking his head into the door. Sniffing the air. "Samuel theres no food left in here. What's left is rotted to ashes at your feet when this places was consumed by a dragons flame." He said glancing back. "We need to hurry an leave there closing in on our location. ITs like there being drawn here.." Talon took a step further into the room before hissing an stepping back out quickly.

Something about the place was turning dark and negative rapidly. He could feel it calling. Teasing whispering promise. It was like the darkness was constantly calling those that had power to join it. Teasing promises inside the mind. "We need to leave now!" He said loudly enough for them to hear. Just as something moved in a pile of debris a Dark mass that almost looked like a vine. It curled and turned digging into the ash covered ground beside the house as a dark aura suddenly expanded enveloping the house as the supports started to crumble and fall. It was almost like a trap waiting. A mental connection to someone elsewhere waiting for the prey to arrive then spring the trap. Keeping its allies well out of range to not be detected until it was too late.

The black dragons with cold black eyes that resembled the void they sprang from soured ever closer. The ground darkening as though there passing spread more darkness to the land. Sensing the auras of easy prey. And the power developing within the few. Words that sounded more like gargles echoed from the smoke they exhaled. "Feels tasty.. We can eat the few but the others we must bring back to our master for turning. Yes Yes we must bring them back for the turning. Especially the boys. You know how our master loves turning the males more than the females."
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:12 am

Just was behind the house when she heard the shouting, the braking building. one thing cut through her preoccupied mind. she was once again thinking of her dead mother, turned father, captured little brothers, she had to save them. her father was a lost cause, he had betrayed his own family for power-she had never liked him much and if she met him now after he had killed her mother in front of her and her brothers she'd kill him or die trying.
She ran to the front of the house.
"we have to go." she said trying to get her friends moving.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 am

Amajil shook his head doggedly. "I'm going in to get Samael" he told her. "Go" he said. "We will catch up" he said. He turned his head and moved quickly into the cave. "Samael, come on. Time to go"
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

RPG Tokens : 7801

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:56 am

Antail flew faster than she should have. The black dragons were getting closer. She shouldn't have run. Dark shackles clanged at her paws and chains of sorrow gripped her mind. Her wings had grown dark again, her usual bue self almost gone.

Ahead, she saw a group of dragons standing around a cabin. Do they not know? She flew faster. As she grew closer she landed and her eyes grew dark. Mind control always drained her but she had to try. Her mind could feek the darkness. She watched as they started to faulter and turn. She had to get them away from her.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 am

(feek?)
"I'm not leaving without any of you." Just was determined not to lose anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Shibe
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Shibe

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Typheus woke up to the sound of panicing. Where...?
She looked outside a nearby window and saw a group of dragons clawing at the door. Behind them, a mass of black was headed towards them.
She jumped out of the window as soon as she saw that and took to the air once more.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 pm

"I have to find food. For the group." He said through gritted teeth, anger flaring through him. He knew the black dragons were coming... He gulped before continuing his search, entering a different room. It was Samael's bedroom.

So many childhood memories instantly flooded back, wave by wave, crashing into his conscience. This room was trashed like the other one... he noticed a window on his right, a curtain flapping in the howling wind. Samael heard the cries of the other dragons, pleading for him to leave. But if he did, they'd have nothing to eat... Samael moved towards the window and slipped out of it as tears sprouted to his eyes, shedding slowly.

The black dragons were closer now and the skies were jet black, random strikes of lightning shooting through the dead sky. This was not good. Samael flapped his wings, extending them as he took off into the air, trying to spot his friends.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf323
Lonewolf323

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Talon watched as Samuel exited his room through the window. Saw him take flight as something bad happened around one of the black dragons. It was like he saw it before it happened an a part of him erupted enraged at the sight. Darkness spewed from the scales around the dragon as the form morphed into a shadow itself propelling it towards samuel at a lightning fast pace. The Darkness turning into black flames as it rocketed through the air.

Before Talon realised what he was doing he was already in flight. Colliding with the dark flames with a resounding bang at the following explosion of black and orange gold fire. Something engulfed Talon from the inside out like a wave of power as it propelled the black dragon backwards into a pile of debris. It was like conscious thought was gone out the window as Talon suddenly turned shifting directions taking off in flight. Golden flames spewing from his wings with each heavy stroke as he gained altitude turning into the directions of the distant mountains. He wanted to see if the others were ok but something kept him on the present course. He couldn't turn back around it burned when he tried.

Off in the distance the golden flames of the dragon would vanish like a light turned off. Followed by the distant book like a sonic bang.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

RPG Tokens : 7801

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 pm

(Lonewolf are you talking about my mind control thing?)
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Time stood still as the terror unfolded. Eona was cascaded with thoughts and feelings, but overall she felt terror. The dark ones were upon us, and the chances of us getting away were slimming. She escaped the building feeling Samael l leave as well. She felt everyone's minds as they tried to escape or tried to find the others. Everyone leave, now. She sent to everyone.
Out of nowhere a black dragon landed in front of her. She could feel the dark mind tempting her to peek inside. "Look at your pretty scales. It is difficult to see this one." He heckled.
The dragons were everywhere, but their numbers were going down because they were casing my friends.
Eona looked at the dragon the terror from everyone else causing her own to be amplified.
She sent her mind out to the dark beast, knowing her speed would not be enough to get away from it. The darkness overtook her and she fought to see inside. The creature's soul was rotted, nearly to the core. There was still a little light in there and that is what Eona went for.
What was left of this dragon's past was concentrated in this one little light speck. It revealed to her the children and wife of Klaus, who this black dragon was. She quickly sent images of this to him. If he had anything left in him he would respond to this.
The black scales on Klaus shimmered and he paused. That was all Eona needed. She leapt into the air and spread her wings which are now gray. She felt the air take and pushed her nearly drained body to the brink to escape the clutches of the black ones.
She barely got out of site of them before her mind shut down from exhaustion and she fell to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Realm. <<IC>>  Night Realm. <<IC>> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Realm. <<IC>>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next