RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

RPG Tokens : 10492

Pantera's Death - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:21 pm

As Kara finished explaining she saw Kai walk back in.
"Well I was planning on sticking around anyway and if I can help take down those bastards that would be even better." Hayden answered her with a smile.
Kara smiled at him. "Thanks." As her eyes left his face she saw the cabin. Now that things had calmed down she had a chance to take it all in. Her eyes filled with tears and she gagged slightly, like she was about to throw up, though she didn't have much in her stomach to throw up anyway.

Last edited by katisacat on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8498

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Kai looked at Kara and Hayden. "We should set up camp. It is almost dark. We can come back tomorrow if you are feeling up to it, Kara." Kai went over and rubbed her back.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:31 pm

Kara nodded her head weakly. "O-Ok..."
Hayden looked between the two, his eyes analyzing. "Are you two together?" He asked.
"W-W-What!?" Kara looked up at him blushing. "N-No! Of course not!"
Hayden chuckled at her reaction, she was awfully cute for the last earth bender. "Alright, alright, I was just making sure."
Kara nodded and they made their way out of the cabin. They headed a little ways away and set up camp in a small field.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Kai glared at Hayden for 'making sure' they weren't together. He rolled his eyes every time he thought about it.
William had packet a tent without Kai's instruction. Kai planned on sleeping in a creek, but with the fire bender that had changed. Kai had been lugging it around all day and was glad to get the weight off his back.
He set up the tent and it was only two person. Kai smiled inwardly, but chose not to say anything. He looked at Hayden. "Care to start a small camp fire? I need to cook the fresh food we brought before it goes bad."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:50 pm

Hayden shrugged. "Sure, soon as you get me something to set it on. I'm not gonna just keep one going in my hand while you cook it."
Kara looked between them nervously, she could tell things weren't going to be an easy friendship between them. "I'll set up the tent." She went to work on that.
"Here, let me help you." Hayden went over to assist.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Kai rolled his eyes and went to the woods and got some sticks and came back. He set them in an orderly manner. "There."
He watched Hayden and Kara, a little jealous. He hated that he was. He just got out of a relationship. He didn't need this. He turned away from them to get the food from his bag. He will not be cheated on again but Hayden seems like a guy to never give up. He needed to let Kara go if he wanted to keep any shred of emotions.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 am

Kara was unaware of Kai's mental/emotional battle so distracted by her own internal distress at the memory of the cabin. Hayden noticed her quiet demeanor.
"Hey... are you ok?" He asked awkwardly, he had no idea how to comfort someone who's been through what she was.
Kara looked up at him and gave a small smile. "I will be..." She said as they finished the tent.
"Alright." Hayden went to start the fire.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:12 am

The fire crackled and hissed as Kai made the food. William had packed fish and vegetables. Kai knew that Kara would have no appetite but he made enough for three anyway. He wanted her to feel pressure to eat so she would eat more.
Finally it was done and Kai called them over to eat. He handed them both their share and sat down by the dying fire and ate. He heard Hayden ask if Kara was alright and she said she would be. He was concerned, was she really okay?
"Kara, you don't have to go back to the cabin if you don't want. I helped build it and know it a little better than you and with Hayden here now, he want watch you while I search it." Kai said gently.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 am

Kara looked at him for a moment, tempted by his offer, then shook her head. "No, it was my tribe that lived in that cabin, it was my tribe that was killed. I want to be a part of all of it."
Hayden was surprised by her determination and he smiled at her. "You're a strong girl Kara."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:23 am

Kai figured out why he was so annoyed with this guy. It wasn't only that he was into Kara, but that seemed to be the only thing on his mind. He hasn't mentioned anything else but her since he's known him.
Kai put out the fire with dirt, with a swipe of his hand. It was almost out and the stars lit up the night enough.
"Hayden, what made you so curious about the earth bender's death?" Kai asked finishing off his food.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:33 am

Hayden looked at Kai for a moment then leaned back with a sigh. "Well everyone's curious about their death but few people will actually investigate. I knew a couple of earth benders that had been some of the early victims. Basically, I was pissed. I wanted to protect my friends' tribe and avenge their death."
Kara looked at him curiously. "Who were your friends?"
"Komo and Jerko." He answered.
Kara nodded. "They were a year ahead of my class."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:37 am

"I'm going to go to bed. We are going to have to get an early start tomorrow." Kai got up and looked to the two person tent. He was tempted to sleep outside, but he didn't know Hayden well enough to let him sleep in Kara's tent.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:44 am

Kara nodded and yawned. "I think I'll go to bed too..." She got out her sleeping bag and laid down on the ground.
Hayden looked at her confused. "You can't sleep out here."
"But it's only a two person tent. The guys should sleep together." She said.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:58 am

Kai scoffed. That was never going to happen. "If someone were to attack, do you think it would be smart to have their target sitting outside while we sleep in a tent? No. So you are going to sleep in the tent."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:01 am

Kara looked at him for a moment, then sighed though she saw his logic. "Alright..." She got up and dragged her sleeping bag into the tent.
Hayden watched her go then looked at Kai. "I'm assuming you're sleeping with her."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:04 am

Kai nodded. "I still don't know you well enough, you can still kill her in while she sleeps." He passed him and grabbed his blanket as he went to the tent. He tied the flap closed once inside.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Kai whispered, so Hayden wouldn't hear.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:06 am

Kara looked at him, tears had already entered her eyes once she was alone.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 am

Kai noticed the tears and whipped them away with his hand before hugging her to his chest. He knew it had to be horrible for her to see that. "They couldn't have suffered long. They probably died fighting, they died honorably." Kai stoked her hair. He was getting better with handling tears and soothing people.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 am

Kara nodded and clung to him as she sobbed. She couldn't stand it. To think that people of her tribe, people she knew had lived and died in that house.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 am

"After tomorrow, we will burn the house down and let the evil energy out." Kai stroked Kara's long brown hair. It was soft in his hands.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:17 am

Kara looked up at him, unsure how she felt about it, that house had so many memories, to burn it down...
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:20 am

Kara's sad eyes met his. He wasn't sure what she was thinking. He whipped her tear away again, his hands lingering just a second too long. "What?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:24 am

Kara looked down, blushing slightly from his tenderness. "I don't know... I mean sure that house has evil energy... but it has so many memories..."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 am

"You have until tomorrow to decide. For now sleep." Kai said then kissed her forehead. He didn't mean to do that, he didn't want her to get involved with him while Hayden was threatening to take her. He didn't want that heart break. He laid down, hoping she didn't read too far into it.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 am

Kara sighed inwardly at the kindness of the kiss on her forehead. She smiled, she figured it was like her mother doing it when she was crying, an affectionate, comforting gesture. She laid down next to him and pulled out her doll and held it close as she closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next