RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

RPG Tokens : 10504

Pantera's Death - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Kara looked at the girl sadly and walked around Hayden to walk up to her. She put a gentle hand on her shoulder and the moment she touched her she felt something stir inside her, a kind of... recognition? She stared at her for a moment then smiled. "I'll talk to you. And I'll tell you why we need to hide but we have to make sure no one else is listening."
"Ka-Aqua!" Hayden shouted at her. "What are you doing?"
Kara looked back at him and smiled. "I think she's the other one, she's not dangerous, don't worry."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8510

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Kai looked at Kara and then Brisa. How could this little air bender be the one we need? She said she was powerful, but how much power could be packed into such a small body. But if Kara said she was the last one or group needed then he would believe her. He just hoped that there was more to Brisa than what met the eye. "Okay." Kai looked around to see is anyone was listening.

Brisa perked up. This girl was going to tell her why they were there. The fire bender, based on his fast hard breathes, did not like this girl telling her information. She didn't want anyone listening to what she was going to tell her. "I am an air bender. I can keep people from hearing you words."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Kara smiled kindly at her. "Alright, let's go sit down." They made their way over to a couple of boulders on the mountain and sat down. "Now, to start with who we are. That is Hayden, a fire bender, this is Kai, a water bender and I'm Kara... I'm a..." She didn't really want to say it so she just made the boulder she and Brisa were sitting on float a little before setting it down gently.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Brisa already had a hunch about where they originated but what happy to know their names. She noticed as she sat down with Kara that both boys were staring at her with eye full of feelings. Brisa decided that she didn't want to know why they both liked her, she just continued listening and making her words die away after she said them.

Kai watched as the girls spoke and then turned toward Hayden. He didn't know what to say. He could tell he liked Kara, but didn't know if he should be possessive of her and tell him that she was his. That was not something he would like to do and it really wasn't Kai's choice, it was Kara's. Instead he asked Hayden, "Do you have any family back home?"
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Hayden's eyes moved away from Kara and darkened as Kai asked about his family. "Just my father, but he's as good as dead to me." Was all he said before turning his attention back to Kara, watching her seemed to sooth him.

Kara continued explaining who they were and what they were doing, it seemed every time she spoke of her deceased tribe the pain lessened a little, she explained what Shala said and explained that she ahd a hunch that Brisa was the air bender they needed.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Kai wanted to press Hayden further but he felt that would be rude and Hayden had already went back to love sick puppy mode. It seemed the only thing on his mind was Kara despite how he said this was about catching the Smothers. Kai looked around the cold mountain and found a river. He caught some fish and skinned them. He went back to Hayden with the fish and a few logs. "Care to give me a light?"

Brisa heard what the boys were saying along with Kara. She was happy to think she finally had a place to be. She never had a home before and she was never excepted by anyone. She didn't care if being with these people would kill her, living in the mountain shunned was killing her. She leapt across the boulder and hugged Kara for making her feel wanted. "I hope I am the one you need." She let of just as quick as she hugged her and jumped off the boulder.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Hayden nodded and kicked some sticks into a pile and lit a fire for the fish.

Kara was startled by the hug but smiled at her. "Me too." She said with a small laugh, this girl seemed interesting, like she'd be a good friend... though no one would ever replace Jenny to her. At the thought of her best friend her hand instinctively went to stroke Jenny's charm bracelet as her eyes grew distant.

Hayden looked over at Kara and saw that she was in that phase he noticed she sometimes got in whens she was remembering something painful, probably something to do with her tribe. He thought it would be best to just let her be for the moment and let the memory pass through.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Brisa noticed Kara's sadness. She gave her a smile to make her feel better, but never really having social interaction caused her not know what to do. She noticed the fire cooking the fish. "Mm. Fish." And she ran over feet barely touching the ground.

Kara saw Brisa run over but Kara stayed over on the boulder. He finished the fish and announced it's completion and that they could get it themselves and walked over to Kara. The fire went out and Brisa smiled. "I didn't want the fish to burn." She seemed very unique.
"Are you okay?" He asked her hoping that she was but with the look in her eye he knew she wasn't.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Hayden hurried over and grabbed two of the fish and began to eat then slowed as he saw Kara and Kai's interaction, he didn't know why he hated her talking to him so much when he knew that Kai wasn't going to hurt her. No, he knew why, he just didn't think it was possible so suddenly.

Kara looked up at Kai and gave him a sad smile. "Yeah, I'm just..." She rubbed her friend's bracelet. "Remembering..."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Kai nodded understanding. "Just don't get so caught up in the past you forget about the future." He leaned in and kissed her forehead and then walked back to the fish, then he shouted playfully over his shoulder. "And don't forget to eat either. I'm going to try to save you some if Hayden doesn't eat if all first." He laughed. He sighed to himself. He liked her and hated that Hayden liked her, but what was he going to do?

Brisa head what Kai and Kara said. She heard everything. She was surprised at how sweet this warrior was to her. It doesn't really fit into the job description to be a nice guy. But there were fish and Brisa grabbed one eating it. No one has ever made food for her before. She has always had to fend for herself. It was such a simple kind thing, she was going to like being here with these people if the guys didn't start fighting over Kara.
Once Brisa slowed down on her bite, she sat back looking around at the mountains she has traveled all her life. She was only four when she first fell down a mountain. It wasn't by choice, other kids pushed her down it. She didn't know she had powers until the moment when she stopped her fall almost at the bottom. Her mother didn't have air bending abilities and was shunned. Brisa didn't know how she made money or how she ended up with her, but it happened. Brisa's mother was shunned and so was she by relation. Brisa assumed she didn't have powers and they didn't show up until she was four and pushed down the mountain. Her mother was already dead by then, and she was fending for herself. She never was trained but learned well beyond what others are able to. Brisa always thought that her mother didn't have powers because she was saving them to give her a double dosage. Brisa never got even with the kids and they never stopped shunning her leaving her alone in the world until now. She was over the moon from meeting Kara, Hayden, and Kai.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Hayden called over to Kai. "You calling me a pig water boy?" But it wasn't very threatening due to the fact that he had a mouth full of fish.

Kara laughed and for the first time she'd lost her tribe, she felt like she had a family again. She stood up about to go over to them but as she did so the world tipped under her feet and she was hit with a dizzy spell, she clutched her forehead which she realized was burning up and as her vision went black she weakly called out. "Kai..." Before she collapsed to the ground.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Brisa's gasp alerted him that something was wrong. Kai turned around and saw Kara wobble and fall, his name carried to him. He ran over there, his arms reminding him that he was sore, and took her in his arms. Everyone else was over there too seconds after him. "She's still breathing." Brisa said to herself more than Kai. He felt her pulse and when he brushed her hair back he noticed she was burning up. He didn't know what to do, he wasn't a healer. He was given light training on how to take care of wounds and tell when people were sick. Then he remember that he told William to pack medicine. "Go get my bag."

Brisa went to grab Kai's back and noticed the fire was getting out of control. Hayden's worry must have affected it. "Hayden." She touched his arm and spun him around. She then saw the bag on the opposite side of the fire. Brisa used the wind to bring it over to them and dumped it out next to Kai. She then turned back to the fire to help Hayden put it out if need be, but it was already catching the trees.

Kai looked at his things. There should be medicine some where. He found two bottles one was to relieve pain and the other was to clean wounds. Kai cursed, he set a folded blanket under Kara's head. That was the best he could do. He then turned and looked at what Brisa had needed Hayden for and saw the fire. He didn't get up to help, he didn't want to let Kai's hand go for fear that something would happen to her if he wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 pm

When Hayden saw the fire he tried his best to put it out but couldn't contain his worry and fear for Kara, the flames just continued to grow out of control. "Brisa, take the oxygen away from the fire or something." He said, his voice tight with worry as he turned back to look at Kara.
Kara walked through a fog until she found a light and began to follow it. "Yes my girl, follow the light." Kara recognized that voice, it was Shala, she was waiting for her by a large oak tree. "Shala? What's going on? Did I pass out? Everyone must be worried for me..."

"I did not cause your illness girl, you did, I am simply here because you called to me in your mind."

"I did...?"

"You have been weakening yourself, wearing yourself out with too little food and having the window open last night while you slept helped to bring illness to your weakened body. But that is not what you called me for. What did you call me for?"

Kara thought for a moment. "You already know, we have the fire bender and the air bender now, you said we'd find the murderers when we did, how do we do that?"

Shala looked at her evenly. "They will come with time, do not believe that this will be one simple battle, my girl, this is only the beginning. I will see you soon." With that, she vanished.

"Shala wait!" Kara was lost in the for once again.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Kai just held Kara's hand, too worried to hear what Hayden was saying.

Brisa rolled her eyes. "Silly boys." She ran and jumped into the fire. She felt the flames trying to lick at her skin but she pushed them away. She slowly drifted to the ground, taking the flames away, until she lay on the black charred ground. It was kind of ironic the place that made her feel so rejected was burning to the ground now that she had a place were she belonged.
Brisa took a deep breath to clear her head. She started to bring all the air to her, taking the air from the fire. She created a bubble around the flames not allowing anymore air in. Within seconds the flames started dying and within a few more they were gone. Brisa dropped the bubble and started laughing.
She was delighted that she saved the woods and turned to look at her new friends and remembered that Kara was hurt. She flew over there, arriving in seconds.

Kai rubbed her hand wanting her to wake up but not knowing how. "Kara? Kara. Come back. Wake up." He tried to bring her back to him. Tears were in his eyes about to fall.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Kara's eyes fluttered as she dreamed and she moaned in pain. Her hand gripped Kai's tighter in her sleep.

Hayden looked over at Kara's form do weak and pale, and he looked away quickly, unable to bear the site. But when he looked away he saw a woman with white hair and transparent eyes walking towards them. He stood in front of her defensively seeing that her eyes rested on Kara. "What do you want?"

Shala looked from Kara to Hayden and said in a calm tone "I know why she hurts."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Brisa looked at the woman and knew who she was instantaneously. She didn't know how be it was like she seen her before.

Kai finally turned and looked at the woman who was the oracle. She said she knew what was wrong with her and Kai quickly asked. "What? What's wrong? How can we fix it?" The tears spilling over.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Hayden was amazed to see just how much Kai lost it when Kara was down. He slowly stepped aside to let this woman through.

Shala walked over to Kara. "Many things caused this illness. A weakening body through lack of food, exposure through an open window. But the biggest thing is the stress of her trauma."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Brisa's eyes filled with tears at hearing that. "I didn't mean to." She looked down at Kara. "I didn't want to hurt her."

Kai looked back at Brisa, with the intent of yelling at her for leaving the window open, but after seeing how distraught she was he decided not to. He has noticed how weak she has become in the past days. He held her hands up to his lips and kissed them. He didn't mean to let her get this bad, he was trying to help her. "I was trying to help her. What can we do now, how can we make her better?"
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Shala stroked Brisa's long blonde hair and murmured. "Do not worry child it is not your fault." She then turned to look at Kai. "There is nothing we can do other then the standard of getting her to drink and eat while she is unconscious. Whether she wakes or not will be up to her."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:17 pm

Kai nodded and turned back to Kara. He summoned some water from the river he got the fish from. He gently opened he mouth and helped the water go down. The fish had to be brunt to ashes from the fire but there was the honey pastry that Kai didn't eat yesterday. He got it out of the bag but didn't know how to get her to eat it. Brisa knelt down on the other side of Kara. "Let me help." She took the pastry and took a tiny, little piece and air bent it into Kara's mouth and helped her eat it. Brisa did that a few more times until stopping. She had relaxed and the tears in her eyes had dried up.
Kai was rubbing her hand and mumbling "You have to come back" over and over at a level Brisa could only hear if the carried the words to her ears.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Shala looked over them for a long while then stood and said. "Come, this is no place for her to try and regain her strength, we will go to my home." She turned and waited to hear them prepare to follow.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Brisa packed the bag she spilt and anything else she saw. She ended up with to packs and Kara's bag. She was bouncing on her heals, happy to leave. She had never left the mountains before. They were a cruel place to be but she didn't know anywhere else.

Kai picked Kara up so slowly and gently trying not to harm her in any way. His arms should be screaming at him, but they weren't. Kai looked around and after deciding that they were he said. "We're ready." And he followed Shala where ever she led them.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Hayden walked up to Kai and said. "Hey man, let me carry her, you carried her for over an hour yesterday, don't over exert yourself."

Shala nodded. "He is right water bender. She will be fine in Hayden's arms until we get there, you're arms are one of your biggest attributes. Do not waste their strength."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:31 pm

Kai sigh. He wanted to fight the decision but that could upset Kara. He transferred her over to Hayden and took the packs from Brisa. He was ready and they looked it too.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Shala nodded and began to lead them down the mountain, it only took them half an hour to reach a gate that looked a lot like the on that existed in the capitol.

While they made their way down the mountain Hayden would glance down at Kara every now and then, his eyes filled with pain and sadness at the site of her. Her face was so pale and yet her forehead was sweating and her breath was light and ragged. He hugged her closer, holding her tight against his chest. "Kara..." He whispered to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next