RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

RPG Tokens : 10514

Pantera's Death - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Kara stood uncomfortably. She knew that Kai didn't want to think about River but it didn't appear that William knew the whole story. She thought as to what she could do to change the conversation and then it hit her. "Would you like to see some Earth bending?" Kara asked kindly with a smile.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8520

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Kai just sat there, but William and Sapphire quickly agreed. Sapphire even stopped her chopping to focus fully on the show.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Kara gave Kai a sympathetic look but at least the conversation was averted. She first pulled in some earth from outside through the open window, she juggled them, made them into a snowman, turned it into sand and made pictures, did acrobats with it and finally made sand fireworks. She finished up and sent the dirt back outside.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:32 pm

While Kara was showing Sapphire and William earth bending Kai slipped out of the room. How dare she come here and ask for my families sympathies. He went to the guest room on the bottom floor, assuming that was where they would bring the 'hysterical' River.
He walked in and saw River on the bed crying in Kai's mother's arms. Rain was sitting next to her, rubbing her back.
Lucy, Kai's mother looked up, "Kai." She looked torn over taking River out of her arms to hug him or to leave him be as to not disturb River. She decided to untangle River from herself and give Kai a hug. "I have missed you, but this is a mess." She whispered in his ear.
"I missed you too mom, but you don't know the half of it." He released his mother and looked at River.
She was looking at Kai with puffy eyes. "Kai, I'm...sorry." She sniffled and more tears ran down her face.
Rain got up off the bed, fuming. "How dare you do this. She didn't do anything wrong." Rain rarely got angry, but when she did she was a force to be recanted with.
Kai gave a dark laugh, "Just go, Rain. Kara is in the kitchen. If you hurry you may see her showing her earth bending skills."
Rain got in Kai's face. "No. You did this for no reason."
Kai practically shoved Rain out of the room. "No reason she told you about but I promise there is one."
Rain glared at him but went to the kitchen where she saw the end of Kara's show. Once it was over she said, "That was lovely. It is so nice to meet you Kara. I'm Rain. How do you like it here?"
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Kara so Kai leave the room and her face grew incredibly sad and she turned to look at the newcomer. "Hello Rain, it's nice to meet you. It's very nice here, I really like it." She gave a small smile then turned to all of them. "I have to tell you all something. Kai probably wouldn't appreciate this but you all need to understand that River hurt Kai. He said he betrayed her, she cheated on him while he was away. Though he's acting tough and doesn't seem to care I know he's terribly hurt. He loved River, he loved her a lot and for her to betray him like that must have been terribly painful, so please don't give him a hard time..."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Rain listened to what Kara said and understood what happened. River left out that information when cry to them. She decided to let Kai deal with her the way he wished because if it were her, she would make her leave the house forcedly. She wanted to go in there now and shout at River for hurting her cousin, but held back due to Kara.
William and Sapphire just nodded. "I thought that was what happened. I know everything that happens here wither I want to know or not." William said.
"It is so sad to see people suffer their first heart brake. I knew Kai will be fine. He doesn't allow things to get to him and I hope this will be the same." Sapphire said picking her knife back up.
Meanwhile, Kai was looking at River disgusted. "Why would you come here? I told you I never wanted to see you again."
Tears were flowing free down River's face. "I had to...explain. You didn't give me a chance."
Kai glared at her, voice raising. "I didn't want to give you the chance. You don't deserve it."
Lucy was sitting on the bed, out of the conversation, but willing to step in if things went to far.
"I love you, Kia. And you love me. I should get to say what I need." River was trying to pull herself together.
Kai scoffed. "You don't get to throw my love in my face. You should have to. You were unfaithful to me and you don't get to come back from that. I don't love you anymore, like I use to, and I don't think I will ever get back to that."
River had stopped crying, "I don't understand. I didn't mean for it to happen. It...it just did. I don't want Felix, I want you."
Kai laughed. "But I won't be around for months. I don't trust you anymore. I don't want you."
River got up and used her tears as weapons. "How could you not want me?" She screamed sending her tears at him.
Kai stopped them in the air. "Look at you. Look at what you are doing. This is not what I want. I do want you to leave. I don't want to see you again. So please, get out before you do something you regret."
River glared at him. She walked past him into the hall. "I hate you, Kai, for what you have made me into."
Kai sighed, "I didn't make you into anything. You just finally came into who you truly were." He was tired of this. He wanted her to leave and take all the feelings he had for her with her.
River screamed. She sent any water she could get her mind on at him. It was useless, Kai stopped it before it got too far. Finally River gave up and stormed out of the house.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Kara nodded. "I just... needed to make sure you all understood... for Kai's sake..." She heard screaming and a door slamming, she flinched involuntarily. "I guess... she left..."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Kai walked back into the room, a little lighter than before. Getting all that out helped. Everyone looked at him with sympathetic eyes as he walked in. "Don't look at me like that, I'm alright."
Rain ran over and hugged Kai, "I'm sorry I yelled at you. I didn't know. I'm glad you home."
"It's fine. Have you met Kara? I was expecting an interrogation by now." Kai got out of the hug and sat down.
"I was getting to it." Rain laughed.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Kara smiled kindly at Kai and sat down next to him, a little tired from her show. "Interrogation on what?" She asked as she took a small piece of sliced apple. She still didn't have much of an appetite since the tribe was attacked but she was getting better.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Kai laughed. "Rain usually asks people for their life story through thousands of questions."
Rain nods. "So what is it? I'll skip all the questions and just ask. What is your life story?"
William gave Rain a hard look but she shrugged.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Kara looked at her for a moment then thought. "Well, as you can tell I was born in the Earth Tribe and am an earth bender, my father was the head of the clan and I spent most of my life training to become a good leader, trained directly by my father. He was a great man... he lead his people with an iron fist and a kind heart. We used to go out and Earth bend and hunt together. It was a lot of fun..." Her voice choked up a little but she regained her composure. "I also had my mother and a little brother. My mother was the tribe's top healer, she mastered healing soil when she was 13 and taught me how to use it at about the same age. My little brother Kain was training to be a warrior but he was a real goof." She smiled a little at the memory. "He would always do stupid clumsy stuff, get in trouble and just laugh it off, I envied that about him, I always took scoldings to heart." She looked incredibly sad but happy at the same time talking about it. "My best friend Jenny would sneak me out every now and then from training so we could play and gossip. It was only a couple months ago that we had to leave our beautiful home and move to the air tribe territory. And on the day of the attack... I had gone out, to go for a walk, I had been so tired of being cooped up and needed a place to earth bend in peace..." She was beginning to talk faster, like she was confessing a sin. "I met Kai, and just as he was going to bring me back... the screams started. He dragged me away, they were all hacked to pieces... My family..." She was beginning to have tears in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:37 pm

They were all listening intently and Kai saw the love Kara had for her family in the way she talked about them. He also knew she was going to far, he wanted to stop her from going on, but it was too late. The words were out there and Kara was about to cry. He expected tears earlier but maybe the pain was lessening.
"I'm sorry that happened. I guess you were lucky you met Kai." Rain said, tears of her own in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Kara wiped the tears from her eyes and nodded with a small sniffle. "He saved me, he's the reason I'm still alive... I'll be right back, I need to go cool my head..." She quickly stood up, taking her bag with her and she walked outside, she went to the edge of the bubble and looked out into the ocean, she took a deep breath and wiped the tears from her eyes she touched the choker around her neck and looked up towards the surface. "Don't worry father... I'll be strong." She touched her bracelet. "Jenny, I'll find the person who dared to take my best friend away from me, I promise." She pulled her lucky rabbit's foot and doll out of her bag. "Kain... Mom... I'll make you both proud..." She hugged them close as she took deep breaths, smelling the scent of her tribe still lingering in the cotton of the doll.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Kai just sat there at first watching Kara retreat, but then William said. "Why aren't you following her?"
Kai rolled his eyes and followed and as he walked out of the house he heard Williams booming voice. "Good thing they broke up, do you see the way they look at each other?"
Lucy had walked into the room and answered, "Yes, it is a wonder."
Kai slammed the door, letting them know that he heard that. He watched Kara walk, follow far enough behind that she would not know he was there. When she got to the edge, she spoke. Kai felt bad for listening but he knew he wanted to be there for her.
Once she was done and she was standing there he went to her. He touched her shoulder, hoping not to scare her, but she jumped anyway. He hugged her to his chest and rubbed her hair. "You are being so strong. Your family would be proud."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 pm

Kara was startled as Kai came up to her and was surprised to find herself pressed against his chest, wrapped in his arms. She felt tears well in her eyes at his words and she buried her face in his chest. "I miss them... I miss them so much... It feels like I'm being crushed..."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Kai knew this grief. He was feeling it now and he felt it when his father died. "I know. It takes time, but it will get better. When my father died, I felt like the world would end. I didn't know how the world could still go on without my father in it. I didn't do much of anything for a few months. I just went out of the bubble and explored. Until finally, I realized that I had to go on. My dad maybe dead, but I wasn't. The sadness faded and I continued."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Kara nodded but didn't look up and remained in his arms, taking deep, shaky breaths to keep from crying.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Kai kissed the top of her head before pulling back to look at Kara's tear stained face. He tried to lighten the mood, to make her feel better by saying, "You know we are underwater right? If you keep crying you're going to make us drown." He smiled at her and took the tears and pushed them out, into the ocean.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Kara blushed slightly as he kissed her head but tried to ignore it, he just broke up with his long standing girlfriend, she couldn't have feelings for him. She watched as he literally took her tears away and she smiled up at him, not needing to wipe her eyes now. "I know... I'm sorry..." She gave him a quick, tight hug. "Thanks..." She whispered before pulling away. "Well, I guess we better head back, don't want to keep them waiting." She smiled and turned to head back.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm

They entered back into the house to a lot of shouting. "It looks like dinner has started." He went into the kitchen and Sapphire was still cooking and the rest of them were watching. Sapphire made a show out of cooking and everyone liked to watch. Sometimes Lucy would help with the meal and it was an even bigger riot. This was one of those times.
Kai sat down and watched as already boiling water traveled through the kitchen and back into the pot. The food being tossed by watery figures. And the whole time Sapphire and Lucy were bickering. They knew it was in fun but in the moment it seemed real.
"You're burning the tomato paste." Lucy shouted. Sapphire quickly stirred the liquid with her mind.
"Don't let your noodles over cook." Sapphire said, forcing Lucy to lift the water out of the pot and splash it into the sink.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Kara stood in the door way and looked around nervously, uncomfortable with all this shouting.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Kai noticed Kara's nervousness at the same time as William. Kai's "Everything's fine, it's not real fighting" was drowned out by Williams loud "Come sit and watch them. It is a tradition of sorts. And don't worry, they aren't fighting, and no one ever gets hurt."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Kara looked at William uncertainly and nodded, going over to sit down in the open chair next to him. "Well, they seem to be very skilled chef's and water benders." She said over the shouting.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:48 pm

"Years of practice." Lucy shouted from in the kitchen. "You're letting the fish burn."
Sapphire flipped it. "But your shrimp are black."
Lucy rolled her eyes as well as rolling the shrimp to the other side to brown, not burnt at all. "You need to figure out your game, these aren't' even burnt."
Sapphire splashed some tap water at Lucy and she quickly shot it back. Now they weren't only cooking but bouncing a water ball back and forth.
"Not fair." William shouted, taking the water ball away and throwing it out the window.
"Despite what they are say in there, the food turns out amazing." Kai said to Kara.
Rain nodded. "Yeah, my mom makes the best fish ever."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Kara chuckled softly, growing accustomed to the ruckus. "I'm looking forward to it." She said with a smile. A half hour later they were all ready to eat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next