RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Story Empty
PostSubject: Story Story I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 am

My story

The meteor

He was an average boy, Johnny MacinTorish, living an average life of an average 14 year old, on an average day. He was in the lounge room watching his favourite TV show. But that was when the loudspeaker came on. Every home was installed with one in case of an emergency. They were doing a level 5 emergency alert. Everyone had to evacuate. Everyone had to leave as soon as they could. They said it was big, and they said it was coming, fast.

Heavy footsteps echoed through the house as Johnny, sweat pouring down his face, was trying to reach the phone. After this terrifying discovery he had to alert his family before it was too late. He could feel the hot, boiling sun pour through the window and onto his skin. It was so hot, like an oven. But he couldn’t give up. He knew that his parents were staying at the Oasis hotel with his little brother Max and all he had to do was get to the phone and call them. Johnny raced down the hall and flew down the stairs. Johnny raced to the phone and heard the phone beep in his hand as he carefully dialled the number of the Oasis hotel. The phone rang and rang and then stopped. He realised, eyes wide and mouth open, the line had gone dead. Johnny sat down, knowing he was alone, he would go to another adult but by now they had all evacuated Redhill, so he was all alone. Alone to face what was about to come. The meteor.

Johnny started thinking about what to do. He knew he was alone. Alone and scared. He also knew he had to get out of there, but some part of him didn’t want to leave his house. It meant too much too him. It was built the day he was born. Then, he decided, without hesitation, to defend his house, protect it. So he went to the old, green garage, where, in his younger years had found a place of wonder and solitude. He opened the old, rusty latch and went inside. He turned the light on and then, the room was painted with a bright, silvery light. He went to the brown cupboards labelled ‘Metal Scraps.’ He tried to open it but the handle wouldn’t turn. Then he remembered. It was locked! Knowing it was a time –wasting mistake, he raced to his Dad’s room inside and turned the room upside down, trying to find the key. Then, under a pile of old, smelly clothes, he found it.

He raced back down to the shed. He unlocked the door and opened the cupboard. He grabbed every piece of metal he could find. He found large parts, small parts, old rusty parts and even shiny new-looking ones that his Dad had found useless to him. He went to work, determined to do what could be done for his house, and started laying the metal all over the outside of his house and all over the roof as well. It wasn’t too hard for him since he’d been working with metal all his life: he had helped his Dad build the shed, the garage and the chook pen. He had also taken metal classes at school, welding metal, melting it and re-cooling it in a different shape. He was quite good at it. As he laid down the last piece of metal he takes one last look at his house. There’s an empty spot. He ran back to the shed trying to find a metal piece big enough to cover the spot. He ripped up the floor looking and looking, but no luck. He knew this was wasting time as the meteor was approaching. He decided that was good enough. But then, an idea struck as he walked past the chook pen. The door squeaked as Johnny tore the door off its hinges and the chickens run free.

“Well, if you’re going to die, you might as well die freely,” he said to himself quietly.

He jumps up on the roof again and puts the door on the empty spot. Then he looks up and sees it, a great big hulking ball in the sky as bright as the sun that he knew to be the meteor. ‘Oh no!’ he thought, it’s too late. Then, suddenly, hit with an idea again, he remembers the old Redhill bomb shelter. It was only 15 k’s away and 20 feet deep.

‘It’s not that far and it will definitely work,’ he thought.

So he ripped the door and his legs were following one another, one by one, as he ran down the street passing abandoned buildings. The bank, with the soft chairs, his favourite bakery that always smelt of delicious cream buns, and the old guy’s hot dog stand in the middle of the old walkway. He heard the gravel crunch between his feet as he reached the end of town and saw the overgrown wheat field swaying in the wind, as if showing him where to go, so he goes in and runs deep inside the wheat field, a long and ever-twisting maze. He turned right and left and right again and eventually lost track, and he was about to give up, and just let himself be destroyed by the impact of the meteor, but then, through the tall strands of wheat, he sees it. He races for it. He reaches it. He reaches out his hand and fumbles with the door handle, costing him precious time as the meteor was closely approaching, but he finally opens the door. But, it was too late. Impact! The blast destroys buildings and crushes cars and throws everything all over the place and left a huge hole in the ground the size of a mountain, and Johnny gets thrown down the stairs and into the cold, hard wall like the blast treating him as if was a ragdoll, the door is blown shut, protecting him from the blast and flying debris. Then, blackness.

1 day later …

Johnny wakes to the blinding light of a room. He hopes it’s his room and it was all a dream. But it couldn’t be, the pain from being thrown down the stairs and into the wall was too real for it to be a dream. Also, it wasn’t his room, it was a hospital room, the hospital out of town, he thought since the other one was hit by a meteor. He looked around the room but the pain pulled against him, telling him to lie back down. Overcome with pain Johnny lied back down. As he lies there, he remembered what happened. His family had left him, abandoned him, alone in a time of crisis. But, even as he lay there thinking of his family and his fear of abandonment, the nurse came in with a call from his parents.

“Hey” he said, his voice barely more than a croak.

“Oh my gosh, hi honey. Oh gosh are you okay?” they asked.

“Yeah I guess so,” he answered.

“Oh gosh. We are so sorry about this. We didn’t want this to happen. We didn’t hear about it until this morning on the news. Well don’t worry sweetie. We’re coming now. You’re in the hospital out of town aren’t you?”

“Yeah,” he replied.

“Ok, well don’t worry, we’re coming now,” they told him.

His mother started crying. But even as she said those last, comforting words, it didn’t matter, none of it mattered.

Johnny had died.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Story I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 am

Admin was a small boy in a small town.
He died at the age of 13.
The end.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Story I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 am

Once upon a time there was a boy called admin.
The end
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18949

Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Story I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:31 pm

boooooring
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net