RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Moonfall - Group One - Beginning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uaithne
Uaithne

RPG Tokens : 3948

Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Empty
PostSubject: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:52 am

The blistering sun boiled the earth, the dry, parched land reflecting its dizzying rays. The sun began its downward descent, but the brilliant blues gave no hint of fading yet to the evening pinks and reds. But darkness brought danger, and sometimes it was better to travel in the heat of the day then to venture beneath the shadows.

You didn’t know where you were. You didn’t know where you were going.

Sweat trickled down your body as you walked, rolling across your temples. With no signs of civilization within the past ten years, a shower was a rare commodity. Perhaps you grew used to the smell of unbathed humans, but you would at least like a safe place to rest. The nearest town, Old Church, a cluster of old buildings from before the moon fell, offered little safety. It was run by a man named Edward Newton who considered himself the ruler of the small community. It was once a suburban neighborhood, but houses were converted into hotels and markets. Dust became a permanent fixture in Old Church, and what houses were not claimed were demolished by the environment; broken windows and unhinged doors invited scavengers and dirt. Buildings in general had fallen into great disrepair, but the abandoned ones could prove to be dangerous.

Maybe you didn’t come from Old Church, though; you might have come from one of the many small towns like it. Scattered across the country, these places offered respite to the weary traveler—for a fee. Everything was for a fee. Money, no longer used as a currency, could be burned for fires. The world used a bartering system now, and there were people out there who were willing to kill for the items you carried.

You kept walking, though, your destination unclear. But as a building appeared on the horizon, you felt hope (or maybe fear). As you approached, you realized that it was a motel: a dilapidated, beaten place that probably was covered in bugs and grime well before the world collapsed. The place looked quiet enough, but one could never be too careful. Still, something compelled you to move forward, and before you knew it, you were on the step of the lobby. You stepped inside.

A strange gentleman—a muscled man in a collared shirt and a burgundy apron—stood behind the counter. It’s unsettling. He didn’t fit the profile of most travelers you encounter on the roads, and he didn’t have the cutthroat appearance that many of those who fight their way into power bear. But he watched you enter, and now he watched as you walked up to his counter.

The man welcomed you to the motel and offered you a room. He told you that it was free from the Cops, the renegade soldiers left over from when the government declared martial law. Likely this line brought relief to you—Cops followed no laws but their own and liked to make them up as they pleased since there was no government to tell them what to do. While some remained good and noble, they disassociated themselves from the main group. The man behind the counter offered you a room in exchange for an item. He warned you that while safety from the Cops was guaranteed in your room, you likely would have to share with others. You exchanged your item for a room key.

THE ROOM

Your room has the following:
    - Two twin beds. (Each with set of sheets and a comforter.)
    - A nightstand between them.
    - Two pillows on each bed.
    - A lamp on the nightstand.
    - A table with two chairs.
    - A lamp on the table.
    - A closet.

Inside the nightstand:
    - Gideon’s Bible.
    - Notepad (paper) and pen.

Inside the closet:
    - Five wire hangers.
    - Ironing board.
    - Two brown blankets.

Inside the bathroom:
    - Sink.
    - Bathtub/shower.
    - Toilet.
    - Four towels (clean).
    - One block of soap.

Thick curtains hang on the large window. There is a peephole on the door. Electricity: none. Running water: yes, but cold.

OUT OF CHARACTER

So it begins. Everyone is assigned to a thread. The setup is generally the same, though items and functionality of the rooms differ. Please do not leave the rooms until further instructed. Do not leave others behind in your posts, either. And remember: characters cannot have cell phones, mp3 players, or other technology. In fact, you’re limited to what you have in your bags (see OoC thread) and your room. Please also state what your character gave up in order to obtain the key.

CLARIFY - this thread is for Nemo, Luna and Gem.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

RPG Tokens : 8121

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:28 pm

Nemo's bewilderment surprised him in the condition in this room, contains so much, but is going to last a short amount of time, "Lets get everything together" Nemo said with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Uaithne
Uaithne

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Bews2g

Gem held his key firmly in his hand and stood before the door of his assigned room.  His gun was at his hip, hidden beneath his jacket, but he didn’t make any motion to reach it.  He wasn’t a man of violence, and he had no desire to address anything if it didn’t need to be addressed.  The key in his hand glittered in the sunlight as Gem inserted it into the lock.

The door opened, and Gem removed the key and opened the door further.  There was already somebody inside.  Damnit.  The man at the front desk had said that he might have to share a room, and already Gem wondered if this was truly worth it.  He feared the Cops just like anyone else, but he was also smart enough to be wary of those around him.  Even though this looked to be just a kid, it didn’t mean anything—kids could be just as dangerous as adults.

Very well.  He would have to make do with what he had.

He stepped inside and closed the door behind him.  His eyes never left the youth as he tried to size them up.  There was no fear in Gem’s eyes.  One couldn’t even say that it was contempt.  Perhaps it was more of one observing a specimen on a dish than anything else as Gem took in the details of his new “roommate.”

Gem himself wore a pair of sturdy pants, a shirt, and a light jacket to keep the dust away.  He had a bandana around his throat which he had just pulled off his face.  The hood on his jacket lay against the back of his neck; he had removed this, too, before he had approached the motel.  It would not do to allow himself to be ambushed.  His boots were worn, but not broken.  A comfortable sort of wear, if you will.

The key jingled in his hand and he grasped it tighter.

This certainly would be interesting, wouldn’t it?

OoC:
Item left behind: TV remote.

Remember to state what item from your inventory (stated in the out of character thread) your character left behind in exchange for the key.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 4023
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:01 pm

I give up my Mannequin arm.
Luna walked into the room followed by her two best friends. yes they were animals but no to her: to her the were her family. Oki, the Wolf was who gave her the courage to keep living and Magi(use the Japanese sounds) gave her comfort and hope. Although they were both formidable foes.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 4:15 am

Nemo was curious how this girl before him, would sacrifice a random item for a key. "Why would you pick a Manichean arm for this occasion?" he asked the girl.

(I give up a book)

Last edited by Cpt.Nemo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:43 am

"What is wrong with that?." Luna said quite puzzled as she brushed away a strand of dark black hair from her face.
Back to top Go down
Uaithne
Uaithne

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 am

Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Bews2g

Distaste for the situation turned into complete “what the f***” when a small child and a couple wild animals strolled in. His expression twisted into one of utter confusion as he stared upon the bullshit that he had happened upon. The other one—the one who had already been in the room—started to babble incoherently.

Gem walked past them further into the room. He began to rummage through drawers for supplies—anything that might be of use.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 am

"It's.... It's nothing"

He then walked over to the other person he saw in the room "Do you need any help?, oh, I forgot to ask, What is your name?, Mine's Nemo" he asked has he offered a friendly hand.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 12:30 am

(who are you talking to?)
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 12:56 am

(you, then Gem)
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:52 pm

"I'm Luna and this is Oki and Magi" the young girl said pointing to the wolf and large cat in turn.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 am

"Hey, My name is Nemo" he paused "I lost my pets when I was young" wiping a tear from his eye and then looking away.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 am

"I'm sorry to hear that." she said, "would you like to pet them?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 am

He nodded and smiled, he walked over to them and started petting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonfall - Group One - Beginning Moonfall - Group One - Beginning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moonfall - Group One - Beginning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1