RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

important roleplay rules for moderators/members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18909

important roleplay rules for moderators/members Empty
PostSubject: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:47 am

On some roleplays, I have noticed a lack of maturity and respect for the person that made tuhe roleplay topic. So, before this keeps going on, and users start getting confused and frustrated, I will make this pretty... Darn... Clear.
Here are a couple of rules that will keep your posts comfortable, clean and user-friendly.

1. Try and make your posts 25 words or longer. Users want description, so that's what you'll give 'em. I have done short posts before, and that will stop now. If can't think of any description for your post, then it's fine for it to be short. But, if there will be short, spammy posts, the post WILL be removed -- along with a warning. After three warnings you will be banned from the roleplaying sections for a week or so.

2. This is something I try to make clear and I encourage everyone to do this and the staff to ensure this is done. When joining a new roleplay, in your very first post, you must include the link to your RP sheet. (To activate your rp sheet, go to profile>rp sheet>generate). If you want, you may make a topic about your character in General Character Discussion, adding more things for your person/character.

3. This relates to rule 1, your posts need to make sense and fit the storyline!  If your going top join a roleplay, you must read the first post and partially the whole topic. You need to know what your going to post and how you're going to say/type it. There can't be random gobblygoop that contributes in no way at all to the rp topic.

4. When you make a roleplay topic, it must have a storyline and setting. You may include others in the topic if you wish. This is yet another thing I have tried to make clear. If you are having trouble creating a world, go to the improvement lounge section or the general world/character discussion sections.

That is all the rules I have for the meantime, in about a month, hopefully things will change and I can remove this topic.

Thanks guy
-Admin

Last edited by Anorak on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:38 am

A lot of rules there admin.
Congrats on making them
Shadow out
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:47 am

Thankyou?
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:15 am

Rules have been updated Monday, 30th September 2013
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:53 am

This was ages ago?
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:57 am

No, the rules were changed
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 am

I know that, I was asking if the 1st one was ages ago, which obviously was, considering I posted back in the ages of Shadowninja
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 am

Yeah, the new rules were edited over the old.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

RPG Tokens : 8082

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:40 am

I like the rules!!

Good job on making and editing them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 am

These rules here aren't permanent.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

RPG Tokens : 5024

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:52 am

Admin wrote:
These rules here aren't permanent.
Indeed. Although these rules are certainly good and should be heeded, they're a bit too restrictive. I'll be writing up some new rules soon, which will let people have much more freedom.

However, if you want to get better at role playing, follow these.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:58 am

Too true
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 am

Thanks for explaining dscyrux.
And prisoner... Try making posts more than two words.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Ok then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: important roleplay rules for moderators/members important roleplay rules for moderators/members I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

important roleplay rules for moderators/members

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1