RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18940

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:59 pm

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic Galactic-timeline-001

After scouring the web and finding some useful tips for SWTOR, here is what I found:

Quote :
1. In control options, turn on Auto Loot and Area Loot. The first will automatically remove items from a fallen enemy when you click on them, and the second will remove items from any body in the vicinity. These are both huge time savers.

2. If your companion is defeated, don't revive them. This has a 3 second cast time and they'll only come back with 25% of their total health. Instead, dismiss them, then summon them again, and they'll instantly be restored to maximum HP.

3. Always keep a supply of medpacs. You can buy them from medical droids, who you'll find in most friendly areas (camps, cities etc.). Drag a medpac from your inventory to your quickslot bar for easy access during combat.

4. When you kill an enemy and they have loot, a glowing light will rise from their body. The colour of this depends on the quality of the loot. Blue is vendor junk and credits, yellow is quest items, and if something decent has dropped, the light will either be green, dark blue, purple or orange. Green is the lowest level of special item, and orange/purple are the highest.

5. If you don't like the way a conversation is going - if, say, you're an evil character and you just accidentally got some light points - press escape and you can start the whole thing again. If you'd rather know beforehand whether a dialogue choice will yield dark/light points, go to options > user interface > conversation, then check 'show alignment gain'.

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic Image_274871_620

Quote :
6. If you're in a group - especially with strangers - don't take any loot you don't need. For example, if you're a Sith Warrior and an enemy drops light armour, you don't need it. Click the X on the box to 'pass' on the item.

7. If an item drops that you could use, but it's not essential for your character, select 'greed'. If an item drops that you really want, and it's appropriate for your class, select 'need'. Loot etiquette is very important in The Old Republic.

8. Don't choose gear based entirely on its armour rating - other stats are important too. For instance, Imperial Agents will benefit from armour with a high Cunning stat, while Strength is important to Jedi Knights.

9. If you have forward/back buttons on your mouse, clicking back will make your character run automatically. You can also do this by pressing the numlock key. Another way to walk, other than W, is by pressing both main mouse buttons together.

10. When your character reaches level 10, they'll be able to select an advanced class. It's recommended you do this as soon as you can, as it opens up additional combat abilities. You'll find a quest giver on the fleet that will point you towards your advanced class trainer. When the quest is done, right click the bag they give you on the inventory screen to get items tailored to your selected advanced class.

11. Whenever your companion says something along the lines of, "I need to talk." or "Let's talk in private.", find a rest area - a cantina, for example - and talk to them. This will open up unique dialogue, allowing you to earn affection points (or lose them, depending on your decisions).

12. Performing certain actions or completing certain quests will earn you Titles. These modify your character name, and can be accessed via the Character screen (C). Look for the dropdown menu next to your name and you'll find your unlocked titles there. For example, complete the Black Talon Flashpoint and you'll get '[yourname] the Merciless', while finishing your first space mission unlocks 'Flyboy [yourname]'.

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic Image_274870_620

Quote :
13. To get your own starship, just keep progressing through your class quests. At around level 15 - depending on how you're playing the game - you'll be given a ship and will then be able to explore the galaxy freely.

14. Imperial Agents and Smugglers can take cover during combat, which makes them very different to play as than the other classes in the game. The cover key is F by default.

15. If a mission is marked as Heroic, be careful. These are extra hard quests that require groups of players to complete. The number signifies how many people it's best suited for - for example, a Heroic 4 mission will need a team of four to finish.

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic Image_274869_620

Quote :
16. Is your inventory full of low-level crap? Open up your Companions screen and click the Credits icon next to their portrait. This will send them away with all your junk items, and they'll return with a pile of Credits about a minute later.

17. There are three types of crew skill: Gathering, Mission and Crafting. Gathering allows you to gather resources like junk and relics. Mission lets you send your companions off on missions and return with loot, or nothing if they fail. Crafting allows you to create unique weapons and armour.

18. Don't ignore the space missions. They might be fairly uninspired, but earn you massive amounts of experience points with very little effort. Daily quests will even spit out upwards of 10,000 exp - more than the majority of regular quests.

19. Choose a side and stick with it. Certain vendors only sell items to those who have embraced the dark or light side of the Force. If you're neutral, neither will be available and you'll miss out on some quality equipment.

20. Save your money. When you reach level 25, you'll be able to train to use Speeders, which will raise your movement speed by 90%. The training costs 40,000c, while Speeders themselves will set you back about 25,000c. Expensive, but worth it.

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic Image_274868_620

Full reading: Click here.

You may want to look at: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/330679/star-wars-the-old-republic-review-part-one/
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Man, betcha that took a whole page. Good work though. Very Happy Top notch.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Thanks Pris, it was mainly the nifty copy and paste work though Very Happy PSSSSTT. Don't tell anyone though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Lol, you can trust me. I wont tell a soul.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:18 pm

I think I made it too obvious though. Lol. xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Yeahh... You kinda did... Lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Scoot
Scoot

RPG Tokens : 3855

PostSubject: Re: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:56 pm

I would love to get into this game more but I just don't really want to drop another 15 a month Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic 20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 EXPERT Tips for Star Wars: The Old Republic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1