RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Quality or Quantity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18947

Quality or Quantity? Empty
PostSubject: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:18 pm

What do you prefer when you see content on a forum/blog/website; do you judge the forum by its quality... or quantity?
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
FTON
Poster
Poster
FTON

RPG Tokens : 4008

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Well, i'd perfer Quality over quantity.
Back to top Go down
http://ftononline.net/
Kaynil
Kaynil

RPG Tokens : 3984

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 am

I definitely think quality should not be sacrificed in order to get more quantity.
Quality is the reason people prefer your place over others.

That said it is also important to generate enough quantity so the information is not scarce, but being disciplined and constant quantity will arrive. On the other hand not matter how much you hurry with quantity it will not translate by itself to quality, so quality is King.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:08 am

Quality. Definitely.
Back to top Go down
Uaithne
Uaithne

RPG Tokens : 3947

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:16 am

Quality. Definitely quality. People think that quantity is a huge component of RPing and it's not because I can write 1,000 words on the color blue and it's not going to advance the storyline. But I can write a ten-word post and it might kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Panos
Mr.Panos

RPG Tokens : 4039

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:30 am

Very interesting topic! Quantity may make the difference, however, quality may make a website very successful and popular. I am a professional articles writer, so I must create unique content which is something very difficult. I would go with quality, because if a visitor notices a forum with many people, but with no long posts, (s)he will definitely decide not to register. Think what you would do. I think that we will all do the same, no?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fmsupport.net
Zulkarnain
Zulkarnain

RPG Tokens : 3882

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:41 pm

quality is my choice
Back to top Go down
SaintSinner
SaintSinner

RPG Tokens : 3877

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:54 am

quality for sure.
Back to top Go down
lowiso
lowiso

RPG Tokens : 3880

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 7:04 am

Everybody prefers quality.

If it's a forum and there haven't been posts in a while though, people may feel like it's abandoned and won't want to post. However, for a blog or a wiki, even if there's not much content, if the existing content is fantastic, people will love the site and they'll stay subscribed.

I think the society we live in values quantity however :/ That's why we see sites like FP put so much value on "You can get a Full Review only if your site has 5,000 posts" and why you see forums starting threads where they count... I think it's so ridiculous that there are threads where people count o.O

I'd love to see a move to more quality content Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eclipse
Eclipse

RPG Tokens : 3903

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:12 pm

I am a huge fan of Quality, quality posts are much better for discussions. Quality posts gain more replies which builds on the quantity.
Back to top Go down
http://discussionhq.com/
Karateninja
Karateninja

RPG Tokens : 3898

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:06 am

I judge it by quality. Who would judge it by quantity?
Back to top Go down
David Smith
David Smith

RPG Tokens : 3886

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 am

I don't mind either way because the posts are better and you have more posts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:30 am

Do you 2 know each other?
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:48 am

Who are you talking to?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:54 am

David Smith and KarateNinja
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 am

I doubt they do Razz
Back to top Go down
David Smith
David Smith

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:49 am

Not unless he is from ForumPromotion then I don't know.
Back to top Go down
milksheikh
milksheikh

RPG Tokens : 3879

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:30 pm

I believe in both, I think quality matters but so does the quantity, But quality is over quantity mostly for other people. Example, if there was a forum with 5 good qualitative posts, people will think its not a popular forum by looking at its quantity.
Back to top Go down
kraizter
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
kraizter

RPG Tokens : 4094

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:32 pm

I believe quality is better then quantity Razz
Back to top Go down
2787cmt
2787cmt

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:59 am

Theoretically, quality is more important than quantity. I am pretty sure just about everyone feels this way at least to some degree. Even some people who write horrible posts would say quality over quantity because they truly believe that their posts are quality as well. I guess that is all subjective anyways, but we seem to have figured out a particular definition of what is a quality post and what isn't. Quality over quantity is the what you want to strive to be about, but you have to find a middle ground. Like Kaynil said earlier in this topic, having plenty of content is still very important.
Back to top Go down
http://www.supromote.net/
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8496

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:46 pm

I shall prove a point. Some attempt to prove points, but those points are sometimes lost in translation. You know when people just keep talking and talking and talking but noting comes of it but confusion. It is difficult for people to understand what you are saying let alone your point. If people went around just continuously speaking about a point for hours then people will get no where. By the time the point is proven then no one cares. At some point people stop listening (or reading in this case) and just want you to stop talking. It gets annoying when people won't SHUT UP. And they don't even notice when they are doing this. They just keep talking not even realized that nobody care what they are saying. But as I was saying, I am trying to prove a point, but at this point, my point doesn't even matter. Now I am starting to wonder if I have proven my point or if I need to go on explaining. I don't know. It is difficult to gauge understanding when you have to post and then find out. To make sure that my point is proven I will continue to discuss my point. Points are great ways to get something across as long as the are quick and concise. Like mine, I have stayed on topic this whole time and have keep it short. So I think that I have proven my point but by now I don't even know what it is let alone everyone else.

I could have just said that quality because quantity does not necessarily mean that it is good. But I thought ^ that would prove my point.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

RPG Tokens : 5062

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:52 pm

FallChild wrote:
... So I think that I have proven my point but by now I don't even know what it is let alone everyone else.

I could have just said that quality because quantity does not necessarily mean that it is good. But I thought ^ that would prove my point.

Haha, I like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quality or Quantity? Quality or Quantity? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quality or Quantity?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers :: Extra Forums :: Off Topic Discussion-