RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Ask the Staff!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

RPG Tokens : 5034

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Hello members of RPG Lounge! Have you ever wondered something about the staff here, or wondered things about the forum? Well, in this topic, you may have your curiosity quenched!

When writing your question, please specify who it is directed to, if applicable. Our current staff for you to ask questions to is:

• Admin (U8santascookies)
  • dscyrux (dasherscyrux)
  • Shibe (Candlehead)
  • Demyx (YukikoX)

Please, keep the questions serious! We want to answer meaningful questions, such as ones that ask about our life or involving RPG Lounge. Questions such as, "Do you liek mudkipz?" will generally not be answered. Different people will have different tolerances with answering questions, but don't let that stop you from asking what you wish to know. If the staff member in question doesn't feel comfortable sharing the information, he/she will tell you so.

Ask away!

Last edited by dasherscyrux on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:22 am

how do u guys find the time to dedicate urself to the site well enough to be trusted with the responsibility of staff status. Sure I always have time, but that's different, surely u guys have other things to do. I was just wondering how u guys always manage to find the time.???
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:25 am

Dracula#666 wrote:
how do u guys find the time to dedicate urself to the site well enough to be trusted with the responsibility of staff status. Sure I always have time, but that's different, surely u guys have other things to do. I was just wondering how u guys always manage to find the time.???
My situation is unique. I attend online school, so I have day-long access to a computer. I keep this tab open while doing school to keep an eye on it. I don't do too much outside of the house, as I really don't enjoy that kind of stuff, so I have to time to spend here.

That's not the only thing I do, of course, but that's the answer to your question. :)
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18919

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Answer Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:27 am

Dracula#666 wrote:
Well, I put aside time for this site. I do homework, house chores and such before I come on, giving myself a suitable amount of time. I also have access to laptops and computers at school which allow me access for RPG lounge.

There isn't any secret to having time to be here. All it is, is a bit of devotion.
Thanks for you question!!
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Anonymous

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:29 am

Thanks for your replies guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gigas
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Gigas

RPG Tokens : 4312

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:35 am

Dracula#666 wrote:
I go to school and do whatever it is I must do. Then I get on RPG Lounge during my free time.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

RPG Tokens : 7772

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 am

Dracula#666 wrote:
I always alternate between RPG Lounge and school work. However, I don't really find time at home. I am always doing something else to help my mum.
Back to top Go down
Shibe
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator
Shibe

RPG Tokens : 4664

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Dracula#666 wrote:
I just check when I don't feel like doing my homework. And sometimes during lunch.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:01 am

We are still dying for questions, feel free to ask us!

Anyone!?
Back to top Go down
Tapta
Active Poster
Active Poster
Tapta

RPG Tokens : 4111

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 pm

What is it like being on the staff here?
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:53 am

Tapta wrote:
I've given this some thought, and I'd have to say it's pretty nice. I like seeing something that I've worked hard on grow, and it's always nice to meet new people and discuss interests.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:30 am

Tapta wrote:
Being an admin here has been a fun experience; sometimes annoying though. Lol. I have learnt many new things; especially from the wonderful staff here. Razz I have also made new friends and I also have access to talk to other friends when I am not at school.

I have also had the pleasure to watch the forums grow and weave together; getting better everyday. Thanks for this questions Tapta, a good one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
WolfGirl

RPG Tokens : 3851

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:05 am

Okay I have a sort of moral dilemma scenario directed to the administration of the forum...

Say you had a few moderators and a co-admin... One of your mods was absent for a prolonged period of time (like a really long time) and as a result you removed them from the team. Now they eventually returned after another really long time and wish to be a mod again. You feel conflicted with this... they may not have been a terrible mod in their day but they weren't really brilliant. Made no lasting impacts on the forum, didnt really do anything at all. You decide to consult your co-admin. They give you their opinion that more moderators are not currently needed. That between the current administration and the moderation team things are under control but if it is decided that more are needed in the future then they can reapply like everyone else.

So what would you do now? How would you respond to the members request of becoming a mod once more? Re appoint them? Say no? Tell them the co-admin said they shouldn't be a mod? Or something else?
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:14 am

WolfGirl wrote:
Okay I have a sort of moral dilemma scenario directed to the administration of the forum...

Say you had a few moderators and a co-admin... One of your mods was absent for a prolonged period of time (like a really long time) and as a result you removed them from the team. Now they eventually returned after another really long time and wish to be a mod again. You feel conflicted with this... they may not have been a terrible mod in their day but they weren't really brilliant. Made no lasting impacts on the forum, didnt really do anything at all. You decide to consult your co-admin. They give you their opinion that more moderators are not currently needed. That between the current administration and the moderation team things are under control but if it is decided that more are needed in the future then they can reapply like everyone else.

So what would you do now? How would you respond to the members request of becoming a mod once more? Re appoint them? Say no? Tell them the co-admin said they shouldn't be a mod? Or something else?

If a moderator of mine had been gone for a long time, yes, I would have removed them. The reason is, people can't send a moderator a private message for help since they clearly haven't been active. I don't think I would have tried to replace him/her, I would've waited for the person to return.

If I think he/her has done a good job in my opinion, I would add them back and see how they go for a week. If they go well, then yes, they would be a full, complete moderator once again. It all depends on who this person is and how long they were away.

May I ask what provoked this interesting question?
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
WolfGirl

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 am

Frays dilemma... she is a co-admin on another site and the head admin asked her opinion about reappointing an old mod. She gave her honest opinion through a PRIVATE message saying that she did not believe any more staff were needed at the time considering there are two active admins and another active moderator. The head admin presumably then went and told the returned member that it was Fray who wasn't letting her become a mod as the member now seems to blame her. She went ahead and said so in a public chat. So Frays annoyed and upset with this. I have been telling her the admin acted unprofessionally and shouldn't have appointed blame toward her but that's also just my opinion. I thought I would also get the views of some others who are a little more professional than this before mentioned admin.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:27 am

Hm, this other admin doesn't seem very professional about this situation and blaming Fray for something he didn't do is not cool. I suggest Fray leaves, she should be investing her own time in her wonderful forum instead of dealing with this... dilemma.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
WolfGirl

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 am

Yes thats what I have been telling her! And she is thinking of leaving anyway. When she does I'll be right behind her with at least two other members which will just make the place even more inactive than it is. Fray has had nothing but the forums best interest at heart since joining, and its the only reason she joined. Anyway thanks for the answer. I have another question though.

Why did you start this forum? What compelled you to do so?
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:48 am

I agree with you, if you want, I can join the support team Razz

Now, to your question, I owned a forum before this called Bluestorm which died in early August. It was a gaming forum with was just about to hit a grand 10 000 posts before my co-admin crashed the forum and ran away. Neutral I decided that gaming wasn't a good niche for a forum and a mix between RPG gaming and multi-genre roleplaying would be cool. I guess it has got me far Cool
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
WolfGirl

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:36 am

Sure. Smile If ya want.

I see. Well that also kind of answers my next question of "did you own a forum before this?" XD

No matter we can skip that one. Next up: Do you have a knowledge of codes? HTML, CSS, Javascript?
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 am

WolfGirl wrote:
Sure. Smile If ya want.

I see. Well that also kind of answers my next question of "did you own a forum before this?" XD

No matter we can skip that one. Next up: Do you have a knowledge of codes? HTML, CSS, Javascript?

Nope, I have tethered with codes before but I do not have advanced knowledge of the coding languages you listed.
Back to top Go down
WolfGirl
WolfGirl

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:00 am

Cool neither do I. Always thought about starting a forum just to see what its like but never had any knowledge of that and wasn't sure if i should.

Um... More questions... I guess thats all for now... :/

But I shall be back!
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:02 am

Me and the other staff members wait to devour more of you questions. Remember to appoint your questions not just to me but all of the staff. Wink
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

RPG Tokens : 8092

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:36 am

What would happen if a person came on and spammer the chat/topics then hacked into the admin panel and deleted some stuff?
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 am

I highly doubt a user will come on and hack in the user ACP, it is a task which would require a lot of work. Not sure what someone would gain from doing such, either. However, if such did happen, I have the forum backed up, so I have nothing to worry about.

As for spamming, I can easily delete it.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:17 am

tl;dr: Nothing but a small nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ask the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the Staff! Ask the Staff! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask the Staff!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next