RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Ebbing Light <IC>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18947

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Ebbing Light
When the Light Beckons, the Darkness Shines

Ebbing Light <IC> Divider_i_by_rbsrdesigns-d353f7e

Prologue:

Ebbing Light <IC> Dark_fantasy_landscape_concept_by_doppingqnk-d6yal55

With the world plunged into ruin, only few survivors stand to witness the end of the world. That darkness which was told in folktales has landed and the population rapidly decreases by day, and even more, by night.

A nightmare so dark, only the hardiest of survivors can stand to live, with no kings, no queens, no knights. No protection. No safety. Nothing but darkness, and a light which wishes to thrive.

This is your story, of survival, of adventure, of darkness, of betrayal. This is the beginning, but also your ending.

Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
HellaJoe
The Scribe
The Scribe
HellaJoe

RPG Tokens : 5081

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:04 am

Daichi wondered down the path that descended down the end of the mountain, dragging behind him the head of a particularly fierce troll. Might earn him some food for the night, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 4:51 am

Ebbing Light <IC> Magica11

Vyth hastily moved behind the cover of a building, an arrow missing his cheek bone by a hair's bredth. Adrenaline suddenly pulsed through him, the realisation of near-death not hitting him yet as he quickly ran to the cover of another house, one with a more sturdy wall which would server as better cover. Another two arrows came pelting down at his previous position, digging themself into the wood and splitting it apart.

He quickly sheathed his sword as the two living skeletons advanced, brandishing their shabby bows and arrows, smeared with the blood of their most recent victims. He'd rarely seen them as they hadn't been in the towns often, but hiding away in the mountains where a large majority of the animals resided. Honestly, the colder places where were nearly every one of the... monstrosities placed themselves.

Yet another two arrow pelted at the wood he pressed his back on, the wood behind him protecting him from the attacks. It wouldn't be long, however, until the skeletons came around, holding their daggers and stabbing him without any resist. He could either charge at them now or either wait until they come around, close enough to rip apart their bony bodies, moulded together with magic. Going with the second idea may have been better, not risking the chance of a battle and it'd be much quicker than the first idea.

Making up his mind, he crouched, just in case any of the arrows pelted through and caught him in the head. He merely listened to their quiet footsteps, the indentation of their bones pressing into the ashened grounds, filled with the remains of the sturdy town which uses to remain here. He remembered coming down here with his sister once, away from the mountains and away from their clan. Obviously, they weren't allowed to, due to their clans superimposed rules, they had to stick to shadows, hiding behind passing carts and the such. They had stolen two loaves of bread from that, something they ate on their way back to the mountains. A good meal. One he'd most probably never have again, even if the world went back to the way it was.

Vyth returned to his standing position, noticing another four arrows had pelted into the other side of the wall, judging by the large splits in the wood. Startled by their disgruntled moans as they moved closer, another arrow pelted into the wood as he pounced from his cover, finding the arm of one of the skeletons and ripping it's bones apart with a swipe of a sword. It went to the ground in an instant, the magic draining from it and it's weapons falling to the ground with a distinct clang. The other skeleton went to attack, preparing to replace its bow with a bone dagger, only to be stopped with it's head displaced with the swipe of his sword.

Vyth sighed, sheathing his sword and stepping back, looking down at the bones as they subtly turned to ash, merging with the destruction beneath his feet. He exhaled with relief, just to hear another exhalted groan of one of the skeletons. Vyth looked up, to see another ten of them, standing under the shade of tree, all holding their bows and arrows. They must've heard.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

RPG Tokens : 4448

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm

A nice tree on a long day. Nothing could match it for a nap in his eyes. Nothing except maybe a lush bed and a belly full of food, but those were thoughts of a wealthy man. The hooded rogue was anything but wealthy. It wasn’t long into his nap that the sound of arrows woke him up. Someone had found him, and wanted whatever he had on him, again. At least that’s what he thought as he drew his dagger and flipped over to peered down the tree at the skeletons below. ” Mus’ be a hero o’ legen’ somewhere for all dese bone shakers ta be actin’ up.” He thought to himself has he looked further away to see a warrior sheathing his blade. A fighter, and one that wasn’t running from the skeletons like a whipped dog.

”Maybe ol’ T’ief oughta help out dis galant warrior.” He continued to think as he dug into his pack and grabbed a small explosive. It took him a moment to prepare it, and by the time he had a new group of skeletons had taken position under the tree he was in. He let out a loud whistle as he lit the small bundle of powders and glass. “Dis here’s my tree, no undead allowed I’m afraid.” He said with a grin as he dropped the makeshift bomb into the group of skeletons.

The explosion blew apart their formation, as well as 3 of the skeletons. He wished he’d had a bigger explosive, his entrance could have been so much grander with a bigger boom. All th same, he pulled his face cover up and jumped from the tree, landing near the warrior, his staff pointed at the skeletons. “ Hope you don’ mind my intrudin’, but dese little nasties went and woke me up.” He let out a small huff up air as he finished speaking. He was more tired than he thought, with any luck he wouldn’t fall asleep fighting the beasties.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Tales_of_the_Equinox/index.php?
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
HellaJoe
The Scribe
The Scribe
HellaJoe

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 11:11 am

Daichi approached the chasm, proceeding with caution as to not have the earth break away beneath his feet. He poked his head over the edge, into the deep of the chasm, and sighed; if he was going to get food today, he was going to have to make his way down.

Finding the closest tree, he tied some rope around its trunk and around his waist. He walked up to the chasm's edge and hopped off, heading down into the darkness below...
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

RPG Tokens : 4556
Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 pm

An unseen figure was creeping along through the dusky atmosphere, minding its own business, when it spotted the skeletons. Yes, it spotted the skeletons, because this was no ordinary shadow -- it was Fundy, of the Srams, the Shadow People. She materialized, and one could see she was grinning. She loved the fighting. Already there were some beings fighting the skeleton creatures, beings unknown to her, but skeletons didn't take sides, just lives. She decided that she would fight first commune later.

Thus, Fundy summoned her air whip and lashed up a couple standing bone structures. Dodging a couple swings of bony blades, she threw blades of her own. She leaped over a skeleton, kicking it in its face, then turned in the air. As she turned, she lashed out her whip and became a misty form, a fighting shadow.

(I'll introduce Abacus later, how 'bout that.)
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 4022
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Kyuu crouched on a tree branch that over hung the road. She waited for a hapless and hopefully wealthy traveler to come by.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:05 am

In the matter of around a minute, another three of the 'survivors' had appeared, instantly slaying the mob of the skeletons which were subsiding by the tree. A man brandishing a bad of explosives, a man holding two dangerous looking flintlocks, and a figure which seemed to be formed by the darkness, or the shadows, rather. They had obviously made much noise, and it wouldn't be long until more of the skeletons were attracted; then things would get messing.

Vyth, unsure how to act, simply sheathed his sword, keeping his hand on the finely carved, metallic sword. "Vyth Charnak." He simply stated as he took a step back. He looked around just as an arrow abruptly pierced through his shoulder bone and he stumbled to the ground, knocked back with surprise and pain. He let out a disgruntled moan as he came to a kneeling position, looking to his left to see a much larger band of the skeletons peering through the forest which surrounded the small town.

Vyth hadn't anticipated for them to arrive so quickly, at least ten minutes would have been reasonable. They must have been collected around the town or extremely near. Or, they may have created a new way of warning each other when danger was near or being aroused. There must have been at least fifty, or more, surrounding the outskirts. At least he had some back-up this time, sort of.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 am

T'ief had no sooner turned around to look at Vyth before an arrow went whizzing past him into the warriors shoulder. The masked rogue turn around to see a massive group of Skeletons making their way for the heroes. "Dis gonna take some team work." T'ief said in a defeated tone as he jumped back to Vyth's side. He could help Vyth, but only if there was a moment to get the work done, he would need to rely on the other two for help." Boom Boom, Shadow, T'ief gon' need a little distraction. Mind keepin' our new friends company?" He asked as he pulled a small vial from his bag. He continued to do so until there were 12 little vials on the ground.

He smiled behind the masked and looked at Vyth. "We gon' need to get that arrow outta your shoulder, no?" He couldn't be sure it wasn't poisoned. He couldn't be sure of anything at the moment. T'ief began drawing drawing a series of circles in the dirt, around the vials, as he waited for Vyth to remove the arrow. He would have removed it himself, but he wasn't about to risk getting poisoned pulled it out, and he had circles to draw anyway.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:04 pm

"Fundy, temporarily at your service," Fundy said, appearing before them with an evil smile and a mocking bow. "You're lucky the skeletons are here or I would kill you already."

She pressed her hands together. "Occupy them, you say? Well, I can busy them, with some help from a friend." She got something out of her pocket, and whispered something into the air.

Under a pile of leaves, Abacus shifted, hearing the words Fundy spoke to him. "Skeletons," he mumbled. Then his pupilless eyes opened wide. "Help! Needs some help!" -- and he leaped out of his leaf pile and started running. He saw the line of skeletons, and realized that he was behind the line, whereas Fundy was in front of the line. "Aha," he hissed to himself, "surprise, surprise."

Then he drew his katanas and leaped joyfully into battle.

(Why do my characters these days like killing... Razz)
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 1:20 pm

(I dunno what to write really... guys post plz!! D:)

Fundy leaped high, flinging through skeleton's heads the non-substantial whip. She could see Abacus, who was twirling like a ballerina, his katanas two super-sharp helicopter blades. He stopped, watching the skeletons melt into ash sludge, then waved at Fundy, who was standing precariously on two skeletons' heads while slashing her whip about randomly. She waved back, noticing Abacus's cheerful grin.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:03 am

((OOC: Waiting for Ano, T'ief was directly interacting with him.))
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:46 am

(Sorry, been quite busy lately. If you could all wait for me to post, that'd be nice. Should be able to put something in maybe tomorrow.)
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:46 am

Vyth looked curiously, trying to ignore the pain as best as he could, as the vials were placed on the ground. He had no idea what they would do, or what was inside them, but if they helped him, he'd be satisfied. Once they were all placed on the ground, he gripped his fingers around the top of the arrow, wincing as he pulled it a bit, before fully reefing it out and flicking it sidewards. He moaned as even more pain coursed through him, looking up at the man which could save his life, "Hurry this up, please."
Back to top Go down
HellaJoe
The Scribe
The Scribe
HellaJoe

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 am

Diachi reached the bottom of chasm, toting troll head and all. He approached the centre of the chasm, where most of the light entered, and placed the troll head down. Slowly, step by step, he walked back, feeling the presence of creatures around him get stronger.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 9:45 pm

With the intricate circles complete, and the vials placed very carefully in precise locations, the man stood back, and rubbed his hands together before clapping them into one another, and then slamming them into the dirt just in front of the circles. He looked on as nothing happened, and turned back to look at Vyth, tossing the wounded warrior a glowing pink vial. “Dat gon’ heal up any poison in ya. Bleedin’ somethin’ you gotta turn off.” He tried to shrug off the fact that his work failed. He jumped to his feet and sighed, grabbing his staff. “ So much for T’ief bein’ a Wizard Lord.” He joked as he threw a white vial at the remaining skeletons, a cloud of holy mist coating the immediate area.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:07 am

Fundy folded her arms, watching the last of the skeletons fall into ash sludge. Abacus walked up to her, and they shook hands.

"Good to fight with you," said the pupilless boy in rags. He sheathed his twin swords politely.

Fundy gave him a little nod. "We have still another battle." She looked over at the creatures around the injured male.

"Ah, yes, I do think I shall like that." Abacus grinned.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:11 am

"You," Fundy sweetly told the guy with the dagger sticking out of him, before going poof into shadow with a cackle of wild laughter.

Abacus smiled apologetically, his pupilless, white eyes unblinking. "Excuse her. She's soooo rude when it comes to conversation."
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:39 am

((OOC: I'm going to suggest we stick to a post order. You lot make quicker posts than me and Ano seem to be able to at the moment. If it keeps up you'll have an internal story between yourselves, leaving Vyth and T'ief to play catch up.))
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 2:23 am

((Alright. I think our posting order of

1. Joe
2. Anorak
3. Atlin
4. Blackwater
5. Brute
6. Topaz (Not too sure how active she is with this though, so we may have to skip her with some turns.)

would be satisfactory. Brute just posted, so if Joe could post next, then me, then Atlin and so on. You other guys alright with this?))
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:31 am

((OOC: Yup))
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:48 pm

((Oh yeah. Very Happy Awesome idea, btw!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ebbing Light <IC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <IC> Ebbing Light <IC> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebbing Light <IC>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next