RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Outcast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18947

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:28 am

Chase looked up at the looming structure, once something glorious, resting on the plain grasslands, but now; it was something horrid. All that could be seen was slight flickers of illimination through smashed windows and a fog which was washed over the structure, covering half of it in an immense gloom.

Chase grabbed his camera, feeling as if it would give him some sort of warmth or security in this space. Standing outside thr front gates, where two cars were parked, the front of the vehicles rammed in by something indescribable. He looked over at his accomplice, exhaling louldy, watching the whisps of cold air trailing from his dry lips. "You ready?"
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8496

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:35 am

Misty nodded, wrapping her jacket around her tighter to keep the thrashing winds at bay. But the thin jacket did not serve its purpose and the wind cut through it like a knife. The sky should be holding a full moon, but the clouds promising rain hid it from sight.
Misty took out her cell phone, then groaned as it showed that she had no signal. She shoved it in her back pocket. She grabbed her camera from the back seat of the van and held it firmly in her hand.
Misty was nervous, her stomach rolling. She did not know what to expect from the task before them. She strode forward, combat boots muffled on the hard packed dirt.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 3:55 am

With a nervous nod, Chase trying to swallow the throughts which swirled throughout his head. Taking a step forward, he grew hesitant. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" His voice was cracked at first, his sense of hesitance causing his nervousness to rise to his throat. "This place just freaks me out, I guess."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 am

Misty looked over at Chase. "I know. But I know this will make a good story. It will only be one night. What could go wrong?" She gave him a small smile, hiding her fear. She knew that if she stopped Misty would be shaking and not only because of the chilly breeze.
They made it past the front gate and it closed slowly behind them, the wheels squeaking. Misty jumped, turning. "Um..." Her hand shook slightly. "Maybe one of the people inside closed it." Misty said trying to convince herself.
She continued on. As the building drew closer, it began to look rough and worn down. It was as she expected, but it still freaked her out. Misty bit her lip, pausing on the front steps to pick up a file.
It read confidential (Not anymore! Razz) on the front but that didn't stop her from peaking inside.
It was a piece of paper, looking like it was typed on an old type writer. It was a letter, not addressed to anyone in particular. A quick skim told her that a man wanted Misty and Chase to come here to solve something. That they were the only hope left for the darkness inside this place.
Now doesn't that instill happy thoughts. Misty thought sarcastically. She handed Chase the file. As she waited, she took long, deep breathes to calm her nerves.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:13 am

Chase, spooked by the gloominess of the building grabbed the file and placed skimmed it quickly, before placing it back on the front steps. Adjusting his camera, so the eyepiece was around his eye and it splayed across the space around him. "Ladies first." He said sarcastically, taking a step back from the massive, oak door which loomed toward them. "I insist."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:19 am

Misty looked into the camera rolling her eyes and giving Chase a light shove. "I see how this is going to be." She said jokingly, wanting to lighten the mood. But when she turned back to the building all the humor left her.
Misty reached out a hand for the knob on the front door, it was cold and smooth in her hand. She had to pull hard to get it to open and it moaned on old hinges. She took a few steps inside, squinting in the darkness as she waited for her eyes to adjust.
Lightening flashed behind them, allowing her a moment of sight. She saw old furniture, pealing wall paper, and a man standing across the room. Misty didn't have time to identify him before the flash of light ended. And by the time her eyes adjusted to the darkness, the man was gone and Misty's heart was hammering in her chest.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:36 am

Chase stood, following her as he noticed a light in the center of the room lonesomely flickering. "Please... can we... y'know, go? Maybe we could come back tomorrow." Without much thought, he stepped inside, past the treshold of the door. Abruptly, the door behind him slammed shut, bringing in the cold air which wailed outside. With a shudder and a jump, he dropped his camera, the flashlight which was connected to it smashing against the ground. He cursed loudly, his voice echoing through the old, decayed walls which were covered with mould and other fungi he couldn't identify. Insitnctively, he came to the ground, brushing his hands through the darkness, trying to locate where it could of dropped by reminiscing the sound of where it may of rolled. "Where the hell did it go?" He muttered to himself, not even wanting to think of the price of the expenstive equipment, nor the price of the flashlight attatchment.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:17 am

Misty jumped as the door slammed, its boom echoed around the space, bouncing off the high ceilings. She watched at the light flicked out and the small crash of Chase's light hitting the floor. "And that's why you let me have the more expensive camera." She pulled a flashlight out of her pocket. It was much cheaper then the attachment she didn't get but Chase did. She flashed it on the floor, eyes widening at the blood that Chase was crouching in.
Misty had to bite back a yelp, her breathes coming in short gasps. "What-" Her mind couldn't even finish the though.
The flashlight in her hand was a cheap one with a narrow beam, but within its range she saw Chase's camera attachment. She walked over to it, dancing around the blood and picked it up. She attached it to her camera, holder her flashlight out to him. "If you're making me go in front, I get the good flashlight." But as Misty flicked it on, it shuttered a few times, it's light weak now that it had been dropped. She sighed, this flashlight just as bad as the other one now.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:37 am

Chase, noticing the pool of blood around him, glinting in the white light. With a screech which he held back with gritted teeth, shuffled away, letting his accomplice retrieve the flashlight and pass him the semi reasonable one. "Thanks. I... guess." He came to his feet, moving the small band of light around the room, trying not to let the feeling of curiosity bite at him too much. Noticing an open set of doors, he stepped forward at, moving his light so it hit the space directly in front of him. "I guess we might at well get some shots whilst we're here." He said, standing just beyond the threshold of the door.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 pm

"Shots?" Misty's vapid voice almost lost to the darkness. She came up behind Chase surprised that he had taken the lead. She turned off the light on her camera, not liking how fast the battery was going down. She had a few spares in her pocket, but after that she didn't know what she would do.
So Misty looked at the room, using the glow from Chase's flashlight. "What are you talking about?" She spoke up, just to make sure that she was heard.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 1:09 am

Chase wearily pulled out his camera, Camera shots." He put emphasis on the word 'shots' almost sarcastically. He moved past the threshold and passed into an elongated hallway which stretched each ways. "We can either split up or go one way together. Your choice."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 am

Misty rolled her eyes. "This place is freaky enough with you here, I don't want to do this alone." She said, hoping they wouldn't get split up at any point.
She put her camera to her eye, the lights on the ceiling flickering in untimely patterns. "Do you know where we should start?" She asked, wishing they didn't even have to be here right now. But Misty knew she would be glad she did this after it was over.
Misty heard a noise at the end of the hallway, like a faint muttering. She paused, her heart starting to hammer in her chest and her breathing starting to shallow. The light flickered at the end of the hall and Misty squinted to see what it was that was making that noise.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:05 am

Chase gave a nod, "Alright." He said as he shined his torch ahead, the light not reaching to the very end of the hallway. "I thought this place was abondoned." He said in a soft mutter, hoping that speaking would side track the fear which constantly pulsated throughout him.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Misty nodded. "So did I." She took a steadying breath that did nothing to calm the fear pulsing through her. She went forward, putting out of her mind what she was seeing and hearing. "Hey, if there is someone down there, come out. We saw you." She yelled down. She clicked on her flashlight, the camera hovering over her eyes, waiting to see if the person did come out.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Chase proceeded with caution, anticipating the next few seconds as the light bounded about the shadows, revealing more and more of the damp hallway. With too much occupation one what was ahead, he didn't notice the accumulation of weak floorboards beneath him and he suddenly found one which was extremely weaker than the others. With a piercing crack, the wood snapped in half, sending him down a gaping hole beneath the hallway. Below; a room was concealed in darkness, his torch tumbling down and falling onto the floor.

Reaching his hand out, he gripped onto the remaining floorboards, ensuring he didn't tumble down into the room below where the torch was. Trying his best to haul himself up, he called out to Misty, his voice echoing and rebounding off the crumbling walls. "Please. Help." He muttered in a disgruntled tone of voice as his muscles in his arms pumped as he worked his way back up.

Before Chase could come to a standing position, more of the floorboards cracked and split, sending him toppling into the darkness, until he hit cold concrete, next to his flashlight.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Misty yelped as the boards cracked. She took a few steps back, tripping over her feet and falling to the ground. She stumbled up, trying to come to Chase's aid, but he fell through the floor. She crawled over to the hole, feeling the boards shift under her weight, but Misty was able to move so she was looking down the hole.
"Chase." She called. "Are you okay? Where are you?" Worry ate at her, tears coming to her eyes at the thought that he died and that she was not here alone.
And like she called earlier, that person did come out, but Misty's eyes were down, squinting in the darkness, trying to see Chase.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Chase hesitated, blinking a few times as he felt something brush past him, his heart beat hammering against his chest. "I'm... here..." He muttered with a groan, his voice echoing even more down in this space concealed within the darkness.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:54 am

Misty squinted, the echo sounding like it was the darkness not like it was coming from the darkness. She wasn't sure where Chase was, she leaned forward a little more, wanting to get a better view. And just at that moment, the man, skinny and filthy, pushed Misty's legs, sending her too far forward and into the darkness.
Misty let out a yelp, unknowing of how she came to be falling. Her arms twirled in the air, making her rotate just in time to land on her back instead of her head. All her breath left her lungs, ending the shrill yells. Her back throbbed and she laid there, unable to gather the breath needed to call to Chase again.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:05 am

He stared up at the crevice in the roof, where they had been recently standing, watching hands reach out for Misty before pushing her down. He tried coming to his feet, or at least call out her name, but he could nothing. Feeling worthless, he lay there and watch her topple, spikes of pain bouncing throughout his spine as she clanged against the floor boards.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Misty started up, barely able to see the whole in the ceiling. Something flashed across it, peaking in for a moment before it was gone. Misty's stomach dropped realizing that her being down here was not an accident. She sat up, her back popping as she did so.
Misty head more pops and she grew confused, not understanding why her back was still popping. But then understanding dawned upon her as she realized that the 'pops' she heard were foot steps and they were getting closer.
Misty turned on her flashlight, finding Chase. She moved over to him, turning off the flashlight when she could feel his heat against her skin.
The door to whatever room they were in opened, the hinges screaming in protest.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Chase's eye suddenly widened and he took Misty's hand, not thinking about what he was doing, and clenched it. He had never touched a girl like this, and would soon regret it from the embarrassment later, but at least her warmth comforted him when the door screeched open.

The echoing sound of footsteps ceased as a dull light slipped into the edges of the room, the shadow of a figure bending toward them. The figure let out a sarcastic laugh, a masculine laugh, Chase assumed from the deepness in the figure's voice. "New guests. New guests." His voice suddenly went high pitch as he stepped from the threshold of the door, standing over the two. "We can make use of you." Before Chase could look up to see any of his facial features, or at least his attire, a boot was rammed into his face, bringing about the darkness.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 6:27 am

Misty held tight to Chase's hand, helping it to ground her. The person moved toward them, speaking. The words came easily to her in the darkness, then she heard him kicked Chase's face. A whimper escaped her and the man turned to look her way.
He reached out and grabbed her by the hair, ripping her from Chase's side. She screamed, the pain blooming from her scalp. The man took her to the door, the light allowing her to see the man's face. But in her fright, all she saw was the man's bad skin.
He released Misty's hair once they left the room, ending Misty's screams but was breathing heavily, her heart hammering in her head. "You will do, you will do nicely." He said, a smile forming on his face.
Misty mustered the courage to run, keeping out of the man's grabs as she went down the hall. Misty passed many rooms and choose one at random, finding herself in a bathroom. She went to a stall, closing the door behind her. She looked at the toilet, looking to never have been cleaned, and then perched atop it. Misty brought a hand to her mouth, trying to keep her ragged breathing from making noise. But Misty thought that her hammering heart was going to give her away.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 pm

The figure stumbled through the hallway, tracing down the sound of her breathing "Little girl. Where are you?" His voice echoed through the hallway, coming closer to her location amidst the darkness. "Oh little girl." He extended long, curled fingers, elongated nails scraping along the walls and windows which were covered in a coat of grime and mould.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Outcast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outcast Outcast I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 am

(We continuing this, Fall?)
Back to top Go down