RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

How did you come up with your character?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drago
Drago

RPG Tokens : 3837

How did you come up with your character? Empty
PostSubject: How did you come up with your character? How did you come up with your character? I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Was your character thought out? or did the idea just come to you for your character?

All of my role play characters have been thought/planned out beforehand. I've never just suddenly made a character without any prior planning.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

RPG Tokens : 5062

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character? How did you come up with your character? I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:17 pm

When I'd make characters, I'd always plan out beforehand. I don't see how you could make a character just on the fly. They'd probably have zero depth at the start and you'd have to make up their backstory as you go along, likely resulting in a very convoluted character history and story plot line.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

RPG Tokens : 4556
Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character? How did you come up with your character? I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:38 pm

I almost always base my characters on a real-life somebody, then adapt that somebody's personality or whatever to a character I like. Sometimes I just see somebody, like on the street or somewhere, and an idea for a character pops into my head. So, naturally, I have a whole batch of characters just waiting to be used. I also make multiple versions of the same character, adding more aspects of characters on the waiting list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your character? How did you come up with your character? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your character?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1