RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Camping in the Woods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twixie
Twixie

RPG Tokens : 3826

Camping in the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 4:09 pm

You are camping in the wood with some friends. It's late, and you all gather around the fire to chat. All of a sudden there is a distant scream. A strong wind blows through the camp, extinguishing the fire, and everyone looks around in terror.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18947

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Seconds ago, all he could hear was the friendly chatter of his friends, the cracking of the fire and birds in distant trees making annoying sounds - that had all ceased now. A shiver ran up Rance's spine as that blood curdling scream echoed through the forest, the sound seeminlgly endless as it was drilled into his head... the sound repeating itself over and over. He wanted to raise his hands to his head or rub his hands together, creating friction to warm off the freezing cold but the petrified state he was in stopped him from doing so.

So many thoughts ran through his head as he recalled horrible nightmares which involved humans being tossed about by grotesque monsters. Another shudder running up is spine. His imagination had always run wild as a kid and it still did to his current age of fourteen. Nightmares would come so easily for him as they dominated his sleeping state. He was used to it now - all the fake images which tried to imprint themself into his brain wouldn't work on his anymore.

Rance finally found the courage to move his hand, only to drop the stick which held a smothered marshmallow which had been in the fire for too long. That's when he heard the twig snap.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Twixie
Twixie

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Delilah froze in fear as she heard the spine chilling scream. She looked around at her friends' horrified faces. She knew that going on this camping trip was a bad idea. Delilah was easily paranoid, and hated to watch scary movies. They always gave her nightmares and bad thoughts. Anytime she was alone in a dark room, she could almost swear she heard another person's breathing. This led Delilah to have a serious case of autophobia-the fear of being alone.

The what if's came rushing into her mind. What if it was just some stupid teenager just trying to mess with us? What if it wasn't? What if it was a murderer, killing his victim?! What if there's monsters in these woods? What if it's just a dream, a nightmare, that I'm having and I'll wake up soon! What if this is the cold reality, that something is lurking in these woods. What if that something is out to get us!?!?

Delilah continued to stay in her shocked position. The large fire had gone out, and the gentle wind started to make her cold. She shivered a bit as it touched her skin. The campsite was still, except for the breeze. Delilah jumped hearing a twig snap. She looked over at Rance who had dropped what was going to be a soon to be s'more into the ashes of the fire. The girl assumed the snapped twig was from that.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8496

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 5:42 am

Agnes stopped talking at the faint scream. She turned toward it, not seeing much especially once the fire went out. She fiddled with the zipper on her jacket, unable to sit still. What was that? A thousand thoughts ran through her head. There were so many possibilities but the one that stuck in her head was the one about a murderer just killing a camper.
A twig snapped in the direction of the scream, and though she could feel her legs shaking, she stood up. "Who's there?" Agnes called into the darkness. She was just as afraid as her friends seemed, but she couldn't just sit there. If there really was a murderer out there, she was going to go down with a fight.
Two white eyes flashed as it made a move to the clearing. The dog had its ears back and tail between its legs, frightened of what had just happened. Agnes relaxed a little, and crouched down, sticking her arm out. "Come here, I won't hurt you." She called gently to the large lab mix. She squinted, trying to see in the moon light. It appeared to have a collar around its neck.
Back to top Go down
Regretsama
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Regretsama

RPG Tokens : 4819

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:45 am

Jia got surprised when she heard a faint scream not only that, especially when the fire went out. She felt some chill going through her spine.

A lot of thoughts came running through her mind, many bad thoughts about the something lurking in the wood waiting to strike them. this creeped her out a bit then suddenly she heard a twig snapped. She glanced at the people around her and noticed that they seems scared as she is. The twig continued to snap till a dog appeared.

She sighed with relief however she cant help but be so uneasy about something.
Back to top Go down
http://wife-of-the-great-fool.tumblr.com
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Rance raised an eyebrow, "That dog could have rabies, y'know?" He sarcastically said, slightly scowling as he said this, chills running up his spine and his blood still curdled beneath his skin. He shuffled along the short log her was sitting on, eyeing the dog and Agnes.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 4:09 am

Agnes rolled her eyes and continued to look at the white dog, going closer to it. It backed up, frightened, whining. "It's okay there puppy." She got closer being as mild as possible. The dog stopped backing up and Agnes was able to pet him. She located the collar and read the name. "Rider. This is Rider." His tail wagged a little at the name. She considered who's dog this was. Maybe it is the person who screamed dog. She didn't know, but she was going to find out. Finding the dog gave her the strength to look in the woods.
Agnes grabbed a flashlight. "I'm going to go look for whoever screamed. Who wants to come with me?" She stood by Rider, scratching his head as she waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Twixie
Twixie

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm

"Agnes! Don't go in there! You don't now what you might find." Delilah brought her knees to her chest. "Could someone relight the fire? It's starting to get cold." She shivered as the light breeze blew through out the camp.
Back to top Go down
Regretsama
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Regretsama

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:05 am

Jia watches Agnes and the dog, Rider then she glanced at the woods epecially the place where everyone heard the scream. She watched Agnes grab her flashlight and asked them who will go with her to check out the place but Delilah stopped her.

Jia shivered a bit because of the light breeze.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:53 am

"Fine." Agnes sat down again, not minding the cold with her jacket. Not knowing what was out there scared her more than finding what ever it was. Her imagination played with her mind, possibly making it out to be worst than what it actually was.
Rider came as sat by Agnes, laying his head on her lap. He let out a low whine, obviously upset about something. She hoped that they could find his owner, but she had a feeling that who ever screamed was Rider's owner.
Just then, a park ranger sped up the hill, lights blinding them. His car squealed to a stop and he slammed his door shut. This ranger seemed unafraid to disturb the quiet night. "We're going to have to ask you to stay where you are. Something seems to have happened just over there. We'll need to speak with you about it."
Agnes looked at the older man, he was still young but he was defiantly experienced with his job. "What happened?"
The ranger shifted his weight, "We seem to have discovered a body. I don't mean to alarm you, but we are going to have to hold you all here." His radio mumbled something and the ranger's eyes grew big. "It seems I am needed elsewhere. But I was told that everything was okay. You have nothing to worry about." The ranger took long steps to his SUV, pausing to look back at them. "Do you think you'll be okay?" His foot tapped, wanting to go, but allowed them to talk to him if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Regretsama
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Regretsama

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:04 am

'A body?!' Jia thought to herself in shock when the ranger mentioned that they found a body out there in the woods. She glanced at everyone who has the same expression as her.

She took a deep breath and ask. "Who was it? the person who died?"

Last edited by Regretsama on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 4:11 am

The ranger scratched his head. "I don't think I should be sharing that with you kids. Just stay put." He got in his car and drove off quickly down the mountain.
Agnes looked horrified at the retreating lights. She was about to go into the woods, where a murder could be, with only a flashlight and a dog. A shiver ran up her spine and goose bumps began to form on her arms. She was majorly afraid for the first time, not because she was afraid of the murderer running ramped, but she was afraid of what could have happened to her if she did go into the woods.
"Guys, what are we going to do?" She brought her legs up to her chest, holding Rider close to her. She needed the extra support at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Twixie
Twixie

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:10 am

Delilah's face fell as the park ranger spoke his words. She scrunched tighter into her little ball. 'What if the body is that of the poor dog's owner! What if the killer is still out there! What if they come for us?!' She p buried her head in her knees. Delilah waited for the others to speak, because she was much to shy and scared to do so herself.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Rance muttered to himself, angered slightly from the Ranger's comment, "We're more than just kids." He turned his head, his cheeks flaring a bright red. He stepped back, taking a glance at Rider before falling into the comfort of the logs that surrounded the fire. The fire gave him warmth, burning away the fright which had bottled up inside him.

"We should go find this body." He muttered once again before shuffling his knees closer to his body, shivering.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:46 am

Agnes looked over at Rance, unsure if she still had the bravery to go. She decided that she did. "We should. I'll go with you. My imagination is sure to think of worse things than what really happened." But she continued to sit there, waiting for Rance to leave to get up.
Back to top Go down
Regretsama
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Regretsama

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:56 am

Jia just stared in shocked at the ranger at his words then she look at everyone who are beside her.

"Something is not right at all and i cant help but feel uneasy about what happened." She told them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Woods Camping in the Woods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camping in the Woods

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1